Monday, July 30, 2012

Workin' with Dad

 On Friday Jeff invited Braxton to come to work with him. Braxton was thrilled.
 They had a bit of a drive to the job and Braxton got a good snooze in the car.
 Braxton was a hard worker. He cleaned out the gutters with Jeff... I'm not sure why he is on the roof by himself  right now?
When did my little boy grow up? 
 I think that tool belt weighs more than he does!
 The job ended up being way longer than Jeff anticipated. They were gone ALL DAY!
On the way home Braxton totally zonked out. 

The little ones and I really missed Braxton. When he got home Adelle said, "Dad, next time don't take Braxton to work because me and Emmett really missed our brother." She was really sincere and really sweet. She went on to say that when he is home Braxton reads with her, plays with her, jumps on the trampoline with her, colors with her....

Braxton asked me to print off these pictures, "so that I can always remember the day I went to work with dad."

Jeff asked Braxton on the way home what he likes better; going to work with dad or staying home with mom? Braxton answered to my surprise, "staying home with mom." I think it was just a really long day for the little guy. 

Jeff also asked Brax how much money he owed him for his labor and Braxton, after careful consideration announced, "Two dollars and three quarters." Talk about child labor!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! How fun that Jeff could take him to work, I'm sure it'll be something he always remembers.

Marcy M Miller said...

How fun for him- he sure is growing up!

Peter and Lesha said...

or why he is leaning so far over the edge :) how fun I am sure he was tired