Monday, August 6, 2012

the 2 year old


Emmett is the party around our house lately. He is so fun to be around. Fun to talk to, fun to listen to, fun to laugh at. Braxton and Adelle love him so much and he is constantly hamming it up for them. Jeff and I decided the other day that every home needs a two year old. They are just so irresistible!

Emmett is going through a "no shirt" phase. He never wants his shirt on. He has a very tan belly, back and a very while bum. His hair has bleached out a ton this summer too and he is the ultimate surfer baby.

Emmett isn't sure about the baby in my tummy. The other kids talk about it and Emmett just sort of looks at my growing belly in denial. When I ask him if he is my baby he usually say's either, "yes, I your baby mom," or "no, I am super Emmett", or "no I am big!" I never know what answer I am going to get from him but they are all so sweet.

I feel like Emmett has been "the baby" longer than any of my other kids. I think it is because Braxton and Adelle spoil him and we do really all baby him a bit. I am curious to see how he does with a new baby brother but I know he will love him and be a good buddy to him.

At bed time Emmett is the total instigator. They all sleep together and Emmett is the one who plays at bed time and convinces the others to play as well. It's gotten a little crazy this summer as we haven't been as diligent about bed time. We are ok with it for now. It's fun to stand outside their room and listen to what goes on in there.

Emmett loves the dirt/water/mud. He will play all day out in the backyard making, "mud soup" as he calls it. Most days that we are home he is filthy dirty and happy as a clam.

Emmett was our surprise baby and has been the greatest surprise ever. He is so full of love and so bashfully cute and sweet. He thinks he is just as big and capable as the rest of us and yet sometimes he is super timid and shy. I can't get enough of this boy.






1 comment:

Nancy and Spencer said...

I LOVE that photo of him. It's a classic to cherish all his life.