Monday, July 9, 2012

First week of July, recap

 Jeff is still winning the tan line contest!
 Here are the kids all loaded up and ready for the drive to Cornett Bay where we go crabbing opening weekend every year with my mom and dad.
 This year we got rained on a bit but it was warm and we got a lot of fresh crab.
 Emmett loved the boat, the second time around. The first time he wasn't so sure but the second time he was right at the bow taking in the wind and water splashing up into his face.
 Here are the big boys. Braxton got to help Jeff drive the boat. 
Jeff scared himself this trip, and all of us on the boat, when we caught a wave and almost tipped.
He played it off well at the time, probably to keep my sister from freaking out, but later that night he told me that he has never had that close of a call.
 Here are the beach boys.
Here are some of the happy boaters.

I don't have any pictures of my mom, Lesha, me, or Kate. We were on the shore most of the time sitting close to the fire to keep warm and dry :)

I love that we have this tradition of crabbing every year on opening weekend. Rain or shine!

1 comment:

Rachel Ashmore said...

Wow...Jeff is actually beating Andrew with the tan line deal! Andrew always has a killer farmer's tan.