Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beach Day











Tuesday was one of those really good days....

The sun was shining and I wanted to take the kids to the beach. I texted my sister-in-law who is visiting to see if she was game.

After a while checked my email like I do every morning. I had a flashy email from Kohls, announcing a big sale. I usually automatically click delete but this time it caught my eye and sparked my interest. I thought to myself, "I should probably check this out. Braxton has been needing new shoes (emphasis on needing! His toes are poking through his tennis shoes, honest).

I told the kids to get dressed and when they asked why I said we were going to get Braxton new shoes. He was happy. They all were.

We hopped in the car and hit up the Kohls sale followed by Target to get some camping essentials for our weekend. The kids love to shop and I never ever go to the mall so this was a special treat. Then, since I am not a fan of the mall, I drove from Kohls parking lot to Target's parking lot and I didn't make the kids buckle. Another thrill. I told them to sit on their bums but they didn't have to buckle their seats and you would have thought I gave them the world.

After Target my sister-in-law who is visiting texted me back that she was up for the beach. So, that is what we did. We drove through McDonald's for lunch (another less than likely thing for me to do) and met the cousins at the beach. It was absolutely beautiful!

I am not a sporadic person, but I have sporadic moments and this day was one huge sporadic moment after another. It was really enlightening actually.

We played at the beach, in the water, in the sand, and enjoyed each other and the sun. Then, as if it wasn't enough already the ice cream truck parked in front of us with it's music blaring. The kids, of course asked for ice cream, and at first we said no, thinking the truck would keep moving down the road, but when it parked right in front of us we felt completely obligated. It would have been pure torture to make our kids sit and listen to the ice cream truck for who knows how long so we gave in and got ice cream. It hit the spot too, we were hot!

Gabe and the kids left eventually and we stayed a while after that and then when Jeff called and said he was coming home from work we packed up to come home and make dinner.

The kids didn't fall asleep on the way home, as I expected, and they were worn out so for the next hour they watched Dora while I made dinner and got everything ready.

It was a wonderful day at the mall/beach/home! These days are what I love about summer. No Schedules!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Don't you love this weather? I have been a lot more lax this summer, too -- my kids are loving it. And those straws you guys have look like so much fun. :)