Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pool Day

 Braxton and Bryce jumping into the pool at the same time from different sides
 Coming up for air
 Emmett sporing his shark life jacket/suit
 Braxton, Carson and Adelle flipping their own boat
 Splash!
 Little fish
 Curious spectators
 Kissin cousins
 Brax going down the slide
 Adelle attempting to go down, Umpa style
 making sure the slide is wet, again and again
 Yipee!
 My dad taking an after work dip
 Sammy Seal
 Sammy Seal, again
 This is my favorite picture. The four feet belong to my dad and Adelle. She went down the slide on his back. Don't worry, we had Bryce stand where he was standing for a reason. They made it in the water!
Here they are the second time when I was quicker with the camera.

So far this summer is better than the last few I can remember. It's so nice to have so many sunny days! On Wednesday Jeff was working out of town and I knew I would have to be at Young Women's before he got home so after naps we went over to my parents to swim/eat dinner/leave the kids so I could go to the church.
We love going over there. My mom acts like it is the biggest treat when I ask her if she is able to watch our children for a while. My brother acts like we are all his best friends when we are there and my sister and her kids are usually there to play with too. When my dad gets home he is excitedly greeted by all of us and I usually hops in the water to play with the kids.
Family is such a blessing.
And it makes me feel old/young when my dad does Sammy Seal with my kids. Old; because I can't believe it is not me at the YMCA, in the big pool, hanging onto my dads neck for life. Young; because I remember doing that like it was yesterday. I would hang on tight and he would dive under and swim until he figured I was low on air, then come up so we could both catch our breath.