Friday, September 9, 2011

"shoes"

One of Emmett's favorite words is "shoes." I wish I could attach and audio of him saying "shoes" so you could hear it because it's the sweetest little word to come out of his mouth.
He's funny though because he talks about shoes all day and grabs his shoes and patiently waits for me to put them on, only to two seconds later take them off.
I found him these shoes last weekend on my garage saling excursion. I fell in love with them and so has he.
He can't tell me this but I know the reason he is so in love with these shoes. Probably because all I wear in the summer are my one favorite pair of old navy black flip flops. He recognizes that his new shoes look like mommy's shoes and he gets really excited when I put them on him. He goes and grabs mine and we prance around with matching flip flops. It's fun.
The goal is for Emmett to acquire at flip flop tan line to match mine before the sun leaves us. I don't know though, he's gotten a late start. My typically barefoot boy has some brown little feetsies (that is what we call feet in this house)!