Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Braxton's perspective

  • "So I have a friend at school and he can't see so he reads braille."
  • "Today I got to hold the flag when we all said the Pledge of Allegiance."
  • "I got a prize for listening to my teacher and sitting quietly."
  • "My friend with the orange shirt, well his name is Ashton, I remembered."
  • "There is this boy named ____________ and he fights with the other kids."
  • "Today we learned about the Jog-a-Thon and mom, I am going to win the canoe!"
That is the most recent news I've gotten from my little guy. It's funny because after school we walk home and I try and talk to him and he wants to say nothing. Then throughout the day/week little blurbs come out. I'm learning to be a better listener and to be available to listen at all times, not just when I am asking the questions.

So far he has been in school two Monday's and on each Monday he has came home, excited to play outside and has stepped on a bee. So that leaves for a swollen foot Tuesday and Wednesday. Same foot and everything. Interestingly enough the foot hurts way worse at home than it does at school.

We walk to school with the neighbor boys, Fisher and Charly. They are cousins and both in Kindergarten. Today on the way to school we passed a guardian of some sort who was dropping off a little boy. Both of them completely reeked of marijuana. The kids even said, "what is that smell?" No comment.

Braxton is loving school. He already knows the whole Pledge of Allegiance. Totally blew my mind today when he told me about holding the flag I asked him what he said when he held the flag and he totally spilled out the whole thing (the end was a little staggered). That impressed me.

Mrs. Howell is really great. We are looking forward to getting more of the scoop at Open House this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Howell! She is great! You should ask if she remembers me! I love the "his name is Ashton, I remembered." That made my day! I can't believer Braxton is in kindergarten already... !
Love you guys!

Jayme said...

Braxton is so lucky to have a mom who is so proud of him :)