Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Miss Adelle

bye bye smoochers
First Day of Preschool Picture

Miss Adelle had her first day of Preschool today.
Have you ever seen this movie? Well, that is how we got Adelle's name. Before we had even conceived her we watched this movie and fell in love with Miss Adele, played by Charlize Theron.
We decided that night that if we ever had a daughter her name would be Adelle and we would call her Miss Adelle. So, we do. Sometimes.
She was not named after Adele, even though she rocks!

Back to preschool. Adelle's preschool is a cooperative operation with 6 different moms of 3 and 4 year old's. We got together and came up with Tuesday to be Preschool. We rotate from house to house each week. Each of us taking a turn teaching. One Thursday a month we have a field trip.

Today was the first day for Adelle. She was really excited because last night she got a blessing from her dad, just like Braxton did a couple weeks ago. She was so excited and I don't think I will ever forget the look on her face as Jeff was blessing her. I took a mental picture. Which means I was peaking.
Last night her and I got her school bag all packed. Jeff's mom sent her this little lunch pail that she is holding in the picture. Since she doesn't take a lunch we use it to store her supplies: glue, crayons, scissors....
She still has her lipstick and lotion in the bottom pocket but I reminded her that the bottom pocket doesn't get opened during Preschool. She just is so grown-up. She insisted that the lipstick and lotion had to stay in her bag.

Adelle had a great day. Braxton gave her a nice little pep talk all about Preschool last night. He told her she would have fun and there would be lots of toys. He kept on repeating, "wow, I just can't believe Adelle is going to Preschool already," grandfather style. Cracked me up. Adelle listened half way. This girl doesn't get nervous. She pretty much loves everyone and is comfortable in any situation. She is the youngest in the class but I convinced the other parents that she is 3 going on 13. That can be good and bad I guess but it's the truth.

When I took Adelle into school today Emmett wanted to stay. Adelle wrote her name with her teachers help and then hung it on the board. I told her it was time for mommy and Emmett to leave and she goes, "ok, bye, love you mom. Love you M." That was it.

I drove home with Emmett and when I turned off the car he started to cry. It was as if he was saying, " I don't want to be at home without my sis!" I told him Kate was coming over to go for a walk and the tears stopped. My sister and my niece came here and we put the munchkins in the double stroller and hit the hills. We ended up at a park and the cousins got to play. They love each other like brother and sister.

When I went to get Adelle she was still working on some gluing. The teacher said, "she was so good but so serious." I thought it was funny since I consider Braxton to be the serious one. I think Adelle will just take some warming up. But, Jen if you are reading this, we all know I am not a goof ball so maybe my kids have the same serious look all the time that I have? I don't know?

Adelle told me all about school. They learned about apples and talked about the letter A. They made applesauce and put cinnamon in it. They read a story and did criss-cross applesauce. She told me they glued and cut.

I think we are all really going to love Tuesdays. I can't wait for my turn to teach!

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

Kate does love M and she feels so much better leaving Carson at school to know she gets to come play with him. so she doesn't have to just hang out with boring old mom :)

Sarah said...

Maybe Sophie and Adelle will rub off on each other by the end of the year.