Sunday, September 11, 2011

the best car ever




For Sale
1998 Chevy Metro
4 cylinder Manual Transmission
237,000 miles
$1200
The Best Car Ever!!
I'm not joking.
I'm not a salesman, but here me out here.
Let me give you a little history.
Rewind about 8 years.
Jeff and I are newly married.
Cruisin' around in a really hot 1965 mustang.
It's a muscle car.
We are so cool.
We are so in love (with each other and with the car).
We snottily make a list of all the cars we will never drive. We really did this, how lame and embarrassing.
Guess what the first car on the list was??
...................................................
...................................................
...................................................
A Chevy Metro!

Now fast forward back to the present time.
We grew up.
We bought the car from my Gramy.
They were the first owners.
We have had this car for 6 years.
It has never let us down.
It is in top shape.
Never been in an accident.
It has never left us stranded.
Jeff has driven it proudly to and from work.
We have changed the oil regularly.
This has been the best car, ever!

We have had our share of cars; the Mustang, the 4-Runner, the Honda, the Explorer, the Metro.

Seriously, no joke, hands down, the Metro has been the most reliable, best running, best gas mileage car of them all.

With Jeff's new business (more to come on that, later) he needed a truck and we have no room for our car. We thought about saving it for when Braxton starts to drive but that is still a ways off.

I would really love for this car to go to a good home. It's in great shape and although it has a lot of miles it has no signs of giving up. Perfect car for a new driver to learn manual on too!

7 comments:

Annajean D. said...

Never left you stranded? That is SO amazing! That alone qualifies it to be the best car ever! It can be so hard to part with cars sometimes, they almost become like a member of the family. I hope you find it a good home!

Unknown said...

Are you pretty busy this week? You should come play?

Unknown said...

okay that comment above is from me....erryn....lol!

Anonymous said...

If it's still available, I'm definitely interested. My latest car is mostly dead, and this looks like a good fit (as long as I can fit inside it). Is there a time tomorrow that would be better for putting Jeff on with my car person to discuss the details?

Actually, I won't be home much -- leaving for a wedding in the Oly area right after work in the morning. So, I guess, I'll call at a reasonable time in the morning and see what we need to do from there.

Andrea said...

Yes Blainn the car is still available. Give us a call!!

Anonymous said...

Okay. Yesterday got away from me (wedding in Aberdeen ate the whole day), so I'll try to call during my downtime tomorrow morning, and we'll see when it will make sense to have my car person ask questions.

Brendan said...

I love a good used car. I had an old 1988 Volvo 240, bought for under $500, it NEVER gave me any mechanical problems, AND had more personality than any other car I know. Check out some of MY top used cars at http://www.best-car.org/best-used-cars.html. I wish I could by every on on that list... Viva la Metro!