Thursday, April 1, 2010

One Year Down

Today marks the one year since my brother Brent left on his mission to Madrid, Spain! We miss him so much but we know he is well and having a great experience.
These are some pictures of the past year that he has sent us.
I have really enjoyed writing letters to my brother this past year. More so, I've loved the letters and emails that I have received from him. They are full of faith and grace and have strengthened me on many different occasions.
This is an excerpt from an email I recieved back in December. It's classic "Brent style" and I'm sure his tongue was out when he was typing it (he does that when he concentrates). The spelling is really lousy which I think adds character. I think the more he learns Spanish the more he forgets English. Even so his letters are full of love. Love for his family back home and love for the people he is meeting and teaching. I hope you enjoy it.

Last Sunday was the missionaries turn to give a talk in church. It´s getting a little easier, but still not so easy.
In a lesson, if I can´t remeber a word I ask my companion, or the people I´m teaching, and it´s no big deal. But in Sacrament meeting it´s a little different. It was funny, a couple members we´re trying to help me find words and mouth them to me as I talked on the stand. The funny part was that they mouthed the wrong words.
I talked about growing closer to God through obience. About how God is Love, and we need to first learn how to love God and love others before we can attempt to be obidient to any other commandment.
It´s a priciple that I´m really trying to learn and I felt that the Lord has helped me grow a lot in this aspect in my first 9 months in the mission.
As children of God we have an infinate potential to love. Naturally though we seek for our own, are easily offended, puffed up, quick to anger and slow to show graditude and love.
I´m so greatful for the Love of God, and of my Savior Jesus Christ! For the attonement and the power of repentance.
I know God loves all of us, and I feel His love in my life.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Brent is such a stud! I can't believe that he's already been out a year...