Tuesday, March 30, 2010

If you want something....

you've got to work for it! (I think Adelle might have just "tasted" the dirt?)
I think hard work is really respectable. It gives purpose to life and builds confidence.
The problem with society today is that kids are inside watching video games instead of manually picking up the grass that was just wee-deeded in the yard and dumping it in the trash. We did not ask him to do this but I was impressed by his desire to help. Happy as a little clam.
Happy Helpers!
When I am old I want to be able to know that my children are leading productive lives. I feel really passionately about teaching them to be hard workers and to enjoy tasks that challenge them. What happened to this concept?
So at the end of the day when they lay down their body feels exhausted (I felt this way Saturday after a long day of yard work and it was awesome).
I really don't tell them to pose for these pictures. They are really just happy to be helping. Will this continue through the teen years? I think I know the answer to that!
After a hard days work this is Braxton laying on the wet ground catching the rain drops on his tongue. What a great life. I want to be a little boy.

2 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

LOL! I love this post! Braxton informed me he has three John Deere shirts. He is hilarious. They might not have that same attitude as teens, and grumble and have you force them to do chores, BUT I have heard that when they are at other people's houses, they act like angels and do chores willingly over there. so there is hope.
mimi

MAUIGOOSE said...

good job mom! i agree with you 100% and if you teach them now it will be instilled before they decide they dont want to....and it will be part of them forever - i hope. i think kids who live indoors are missing so much and i would never wish that on my kids. its not work if they dont think it is so just dont tell them it is! your kids seem pretty awesome and i am glad you are capturing the amazingness they show every day! keep it up cuz we love to watch!