Tuesday, April 20, 2010

giggles

Sometimes it is so hard being the "parent."
Tonight for example....
First a little background, every night we pray with our kids before bed and we rotate each night who says the prayer.
Adelle has recently been added into the rotation.
Tonight was her night.
"I will help you, o.k Adelle," says Braxton, anxious to help.
"Dear Heavenly Father," Adelle repeated really soft and sweetly
"Thank you that you have all your teeth," said Braxton as serious as can be.
This line started the giggles. I could not hold them in. I was picturing a beautiful little girl with her teeth knocked out or something. I don't know but I could not contain myself. It was ridiculous. I tried so hard to hide the giggles and to set a good example but it was difficult and my family caught on. I glanced at Jeff who is laughing too but doing a way better job at holding it in.
Braxton pauses, "what's so funny? Are we praying?"
The rest of the prayer didn't help me at all. Braxton continued to lead and the prayer was all about him.
Thank you for my t-ball team, my friends, that I get to get my pictures taken tomorrow....
So needless to say the giggles hung around and here is sweet little Adelle, praying for Braxton.

After the kids were in bed Jeff and I were talking about how hilarious this was. Jeff pointed out that Braxton was actually being rather considerate. See, he is used to praying for what he wants but he was thoughtful enough to try and pray from Adelle's perspective. I guess he thought she must be really thankful for her teeth.

4 comments:

Vashti said...

That is so precious!

Marcy M Miller said...

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to see if our health food store has that and give it a try. Clogging is kind of like tap dancing- it is super fun to watch!

Jeremy Saunders said...

oh that got me laughing hard, you don't know the half of my nightmares is that I lose my teeth and they crumble! He is so sweet! I can picture him saying, "What's so funny, are we pwaying oaw what!?" Please remind me of when his tball game is, I told him I would go watch--easier said than done, but let me know.
mimi

Peter and Lesha said...

that is too funny, he is so sweet and I love the "what's so funny, are we praying" he is our next prophet!