Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Bliss




Friday night we were in White Rock B.C. having a picnic and watching the beautiful sunset with our children. It was gorgeous and we had so much fun as a family. The kids talked our ears off in the car on the whole way up and on the way home they whined because they were tired. Jeff and I managed to have somewhat of a conversation in between the, "but dad"'s and the "I have to go potty"'s.
It got me thinking. When we dated we used to go to White Rock. We would drive up and talk the whole way. Flirt with each other, hold hands....
We would spend too much money on dinner and I would pretend I had a small appetite. Typical dating stuff I guess. We would laugh and joke and I would always work hard to look my best.
We thought we were in love.
Friday night, however, I didn't look my best. By the time I got all three kids ready and the picnic packed I was lucky to throw my hair in the usual pony tail. I wore a cute dress but when we got there it was windy and chilly so I ruined that by putting on a clashing sweatshirt. I didn't even care, it kept me warm. After I ate my own croissant sandwich I finished Adelle's because by now, he knows, I have an extremely large appetite. The picnic was a little chaotic. Emmett's blanket kept blowing off of him. Adelle just wanted to eat chips, nothing else. But, it was fun. The kids loved it. It was beautiful.
I was taking pictures of the kids and the sunset. Then I stopped and grabbed Jeff. I gave Braxton the camera and asked him to take a picture of, "me and daddy." He was happy to help.
That was our "date" and although it wasn't what it used to be, I enjoyed it, completely. I love being a parent with my sweetheart.

*Saturday night we put the kids to bed early and shared a blizzard while watching "The Cutting Edge." What a classic!*

5 comments:

westcoastsoul said...

Hey you were not too far from me :) All of BC is beautiful, I am looking forward to being back in a couple of weeks.

Peter and Lesha said...

Cute!!

Jeremy Saunders said...

loved this post! Braxton is a great photographer!
m

Jessica said...

I love cutting edge!! I also love your cute little kids!! Braxton and Adelle remind me of my two little ones!! SO much love for each other! I also thinks its fun to watch them stick up for each other and care for one another it is not one sided anymore:)

Kirsta 'n co. said...

What a gorgeous sunset! I can't believe Braxton took such a good picture, my own husband can hardly compete, much less my kids. Sometimes I reminesce about how romantic dating was, and sometimes I'm just glad that now we can sit and play card games in our sweats on a Saturday night :) You always find the silver linings!