Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's Cookin for breakfast..

Ok after this I will take a break from the quinoa recipes but I had to share our delicious breakfast this morning.
I cooked the quinoa in pineapple juice and coconut milk. After it was fluffy I added chopped pecans and pineapple tid-bits. Topped with flaked, unsweetened coconut.
This breakfast was warm and hearty and so tasty.
I can't wait to pull it out of the refrigerator later and enjoy it outside. Like a nice, guilt free, virgin chilled pina-colada on a hot day!
Oh, and Jeff makes me laugh....really hard. When I was thinking up this recipe last night (we had left over pineapple from homemade pizza and I was trying to think how it could be used) and told him what I had come up with and he goes, "that actually sounds really good. Top it with a little cool whip and your good to go!" This made me laugh, out loud, really hard. We are so opposite and it makes life so stinkin' fun. In my opinion cool whip would defy all possibilities of a "healthy" anything. Jeff knows this yet he still has fond memories of eating it with a spoon straight out of the freezer:)
We are really meant for each other.

2 comments:

Jena said...

That sounds amazing!! I'm going to make it asap! Do you cook the quinoa with any water? You should check out this website. http://simplyhealthful.blogspot.com/
It's my friend's and she has a lot of great recipes on it.

Vashti said...

It's so funny the things that remind people of their childhood, like Marcus will always have an afinity for spam sandwhiches. Like just fried spam on plain toasted white bread, it was something his dad would make when he was in charge of feeding the kids.
He made it once and it looked like the craziest thing and he was like "oh man, this takes me back" it had me laughing all day!