Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I believe in Forever

We had the opportunity as a family to drive up to Langley, BC. to see a new Temple that was recently built.
It was beautiful to be there with my whole family.
It was the first time my children were able to go inside the Temple and it brought me so much peace to be there with their sweet little, innocent souls.
I love my family so much and I'm so thankful that we are forever.
Braxton and Adelle were so excited to get to come with us. The Temple was not yet "dedicated" so they were able to go inside. They knew it was a special place for them to be.

Something unique about me and my religion (Mormon, Latter-Day Saint) is the belief in eternity. I don't believe that death is the end. I believe in forever.
That being said the Temple is a very sacred place for me.
In the Temple is where I married my husband "for time and all eternity."
What does that mean? Well, during a civil marriage ceremony they usually say, "until death do us part." My belief is that death will not part me from my husband and family, but rather we will be together after we die as well. When we were married in the Temple we promised that we would be together, forever. We promised to be true to each other and to the Lord. To me this means we will stick it out no matter what. It doesn't mean that our marriage is perfect. It doesn't mean that some Temple marriages don't end in divorce. What it does mean is that I am able to see things in perspective. My life is great and all but it is temporal and there is more to come. My husband/ family, may drive me a little crazy at times but we are united in a cause to do right for the benefit of the whole family, not just to meet our own needs. It is sad to me to see marriages disintegrate. Sometimes it is necessary, sometimes it is not. However, it is always sad and I would imagine families are always harmed. I'm really thankful to have never experienced any of this first hand.
The Temple brings me peace and hope for my family. When I attend the Temple I am reminded of the importance of marriage and family. It is the most beautiful place inside and out and it helps me want to have the most beautiful marriage and relationship with those that I love.
It was difficult for me when I got married. I had a lot of really close friends and family members who couldn't come to my wedding because it was in the Temple. This was hurtful to some and disappointing to all. I had to remind myself where my priorities were. I loved Jeff and I wanted to be with him for forever. I knew that the Temple was the start of that "forever." Because Jeff and I were married in the Temple I know that we will be together forever and our children will be with us if we are all obedient and live lives centered on Jesus Christ and his teachings.

3 comments:

westcoastsoul said...

Why weren't people allowed to come??

Peter and Lesha said...

you do have the perfect marriage.Peter just asked me the other day, do jeff and andrea ever fight, I said "no have you ever read her blog all she does is talk about how wonderful he is and how in love with him she is and blah blah blah blah. It is very sweet your family is very sweet and the temple is such a great place I wish Carson would have been a little bit better behaved at the time I thought I don't really want to be with this kid forever but then that moment passed and I remembered his sweet spirit and how special he is to me:)

Marcy M Miller said...

Cute pictures! How fun to go to an open house, I've only been to 1, hopefully I can take my girls to an open house someday, before they actually go to the temple.