Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brown Eyed Girl


This little girl is too much for me sometimes!
Here are a few of yesterdays conversations...

Adelle dancing around and singing, "stinky butt, stinky butt..."
Me, having no idea where she heard this, or if she just came up with it asks, "Sis, do you think those words sound nice?"
Adelle acting innocent, "what?"
Me, "I don't like the word butt sis. We say bum, or tushy tush."
Adelle, laughing, "tushy tush?"
Adelle, being sneaky, "can we say BUT when we are talking, like but I love you?"
Me, "yeah sis."

Adelle comes running in the house and yells, "I'm doing the poop dance!"
This cracks me up because I'm constantly reminding her that she is doing the potty dance and that she needs to stop and go potty.
I take her to the bathroom and stick her on the toilet and she says,
"Can we talk about poop when we are going poop?"
Me, "yeah sis that is o.k."
Adelle, "I'm going poop!" hysterical laughing...."I got more poop!" more laughing.....

I am fixing dinner and Adelle and Braxton come in from outside. They are talking about something and I look over and Adelle is wiping her finger on her shirt in just that way when you know she's gotten that little treasure she was digging for. She notices me turn and look and without hesitation explains, "I wasn't picking my nose mom!"

Adelle is a jewel. I love her so much. She adds so much character to our family. Aside from being a bit of a rebel and too smart for her own pants she is very sweet and very motherly towards Emmett. She is a girl with determination and opinion and big brown eyes that swoon all. She is definitely the one in the drivers seat around here.
It's funny because you may be thinking that the reason she talks about poop and butts is because she is sandwiched between two brothers? Like she's just picked it up from them or something and without being too naive that is so not the case. She's just really cool like that.

7 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

I love her and hope she never changes. she is so sweet and so accepting for everyone :)

Aunt Angela said...

She is so funny. I love how she gives the flirty eyes. When she says or does something she knows isn't quite right.

Anonymous said...

I like how you posted a veryyyy innocent/sweet pic of her. She is so funny! I want to learn the poop dance... LOL. This made my morning. Love you!

Matt and Lindsay said...

I love your blog! You are one amazing mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you!!!!

Marcy M Miller said...

You gotta love kids and what they come up with to say. She sounds like a fun little girl!

Doneva said...

I keep saying "Dull women never made history", I love her just the way she is and pray she never looses her great confidence.

Andrea said...

LOL She's a good one.