Wednesday, May 25, 2011

banana bread puddin'


One day last week Jeff was out working all day in the rain and the kids were all taking a nap.
I had a bit of free time and I decided to make my good husband one of his favorite things...
Banana bread!
Not only did I decide to make him banana bread but I decided to make it with all the original ingredients.
This meant I didn't substitute whole wheat flour or brown rice flour. I didn't lesson the amount of sugar. I didn't add flax. I didn't make it healthy.
Jeff is really awesome and easy going and doesn't complain when I turn banana bread into a protein and fiber packed meal....
But I knew he'd appreciate the "real deal."

The kids woke up from nap and could smell the sweet aroma coming from the oven. I took out the banana bread when the buzzer buzzed and it wasn't quite done. In attempting to put it back in the oven one of the kids flinched and in a worthwhile attempt to prevent one of them from touching the hot oven I dropped the pan and banana bread goo went all over my oven.
ahhhh!

I was not going to let that stop my husband from getting his special treat so with Adelle's encouraging, "oh, it's ok mom," I scooped it out of my fairy clean oven and put it back into the pan. Then I continued to cook it, for the remaining 5 minutes.

Braxton tasted one of the pieces from the top that was cooked completely and exclaimed, "this is the best banana bread I've ever had!"
Jeff came home to banana puddin!
He was thrilled.
Top it with a little milk and apparently it was scrumptious!




2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

funny, so yummy

Unknown said...

Super cute and super yummy. :)