Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May Day


When we got married Jeff didn't know what May Day was. Maybe it's a guy thing? I don't know but I love May Day! My mom would always help us make cute little baskets and we would take flowers to all of our neighbors. May Day is so happy and fun!
I would do this when we were married. Take flowers to people and leave them on their doorsteps. Now I do it with my kids. The more kids I have, the less number of people get flowers but we still attempt. :) When they get a little older we will be more dedicated in our efforts.

But now, for the past couple years, Jeff brings me flowers on May Day. 
This year it was this sweet little bouquet that he picked from our neighbors yard. They are out of town until the end of the month ;) Lucky for me! Happy May!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i love may day too! when i was a child my sister and i would give may day baskets and candy to our neighbor/ great uncle every year. it is one of my goals as a mom to get my kids doing this tradition annually. fantastic.