Tuesday, April 30, 2013

then and now

 Gager having his first french fry! He totally scored and he knew it!
The whole gang after soccer on Saturday! 
Thanks dad for taking us all to eat!!

My Aunt Babe, yes that is what she goes by, just opened up a new restaurant. It's called Our Diner and it's really cute and small and good. They serve breakfast and lunch only and they are open until 4:00. Check it out if you are on the Guide sometime and are hungry ;)

Back in my other life, the one before I was married, I worked for my Aunt Babe. I started working for her when I was 13 years old. First I bussed tables and then I was a waitress. It's funny to think about now. I seriously feel like it was another life time ago.

Saturday morning were always my shift. I seriously think I worked every Saturday morning from the time I started until I got married and moved away. I loved that shift. It was always busy and I always made bank. When I stop and think about it I can still do the whole opening routine. I can see myself parking my car on the dark morning before 6:00am. I would walk in and greet the cook who would already be prepping in the kitchen. I would clock in and turn on the coffee pots. Then I would start putting out the creamers on the tables.... you get the idea. I did it for a long time. The regular customers would come in and sit at the counter and ask me what I did the night before to which I would never really answer just blush and smile and change the subject. I would put their orders in without even asking them what they wanted because I already knew, they ate the same thing every Saturday. 

Later in the morning the families would start coming in. Asking for highchairs and making huge messes.

It's funny being on the other side of all of that now. I don't miss those days. They were really good days and I have really fond memories. I also have some not so fond memories but that's to be expected. I don't really know what my point is here except that time goes so fast and life is so good and the phases we go through are all so unique and important. I am so glad that I got to work for my aunt for so long and I am so glad that now I don't have too. And that's just about it.

1 comment:

Doneva said...

WHAT good memories of you working for your Aunt Babe, so grateful that you live in the moment and have such GRATITUDE for ALL of your experiences!!! LOVE you and your SWEET FAMILY!! YOU make me so HAPPY to be called YOUR MOTHER!! WHAT a HONOR it is !!