Wednesday, May 8, 2013

poop and eggs

My Grandma J came over last week and my house was in shambles. I was making dinner and telling her everything that was going on and why my house was a disaster and she basically said, "don't worry about your house just keep updating your blog."
So here I am...


Look at that happy little farmer out there with his shirt off and his boots on and his shorts barely staying on his bum. So funny. Makes me want to bust out a Kenny Chesney song or something.
Braxton is so into the chickens. He is really good about feeding them and checking for eggs and taking out chicken scraps. I think he was made to be a farmer.

As for the chickens. Those girls are pooping all over my patio and I am so over it! We let them graze? in the whole back yard and for some reason they come onto the patio where all of our toys/bikes/shoes are at and they poop! Everywhere! It's so annoying and gross.


Adelle was the talk of everywhere we went today in her Dorothy get-up. This girl is so funny and I am sad that she is going to go to Kindergarten next year and most likely stop dressing up like whoever she wants, whenever she wants. 
She was helping me sort through closets today and she found this beauty along with matching shoes that were unfortunately still too big. She wore the dress and we went on a walk to the post office and then to Braxton's school to pick him up and everyone told her how pretty she looked as Dorothy.
Funny that she hasn't even seen the movie. After like the 3rd person said, "oh you look so pretty, Dorothy," she looked at me and whispered, "who is Dorothy?"



And then there is my 3 year old doll. I love this sweet boy. Emmett loves his Care Bears. He sleeps with them, brings them places, pushes them around in the stroller... Most days he is either a ninja or a Care Bear. When he is Heart Bear, Adelle is Rainbow Bear.
Good thing this boy is so sweet he has been killing me with his "assidents" as he calls them.
This morning I am folding laundry and he comes to me and sweetly says, "mom I assidently spilt the seeds," and I look to find all the tiny little lettuce seeds spilt on the table. No big deal, we picked them up.
Then tonight after dinner he was so excited because there were 2 eggs out in the chicken coop. He asked if he could hold them and the next thing I know he is running down the hall with them, only to smash them together, on assident, and bust open raw eggs down my hall.
"Mom, I assidently hit the eggs and it broke."
He is so stinking cute. The way he looks, the way he talks, his kind and gentle demeanor....
Mind you I am in the middle of cleaning up after dinner with no dish washer because ours is had so clean up has been taking way longer then usual. Jeff got home from work, ate, and left again to go to church for Youth Night. So when I hear about the egg I just tell him it's ok and I quietly walk back to my room to lay down on my bed and just give myself a 5 minute break from it all, egg still on the floor mind you.
A few minutes later my sweet 7 year old knocks on the door. It's Braxton, so kind and thoughtful. "Mom," he says, "how do you clean up egg?"
I tell him it's really hard to clean up egg but that he could get the paper towels down and I would come help him in a minute.
The next thing I know Emmett is in my room. "Why are you on Dad's pillow?" he asks with a smirk. "Just because I am tired and I needed a little rest," is my reply.
"I am tired too, can I rest with you?"
So he climbs in and cuddles up to me. I tell him he is my special boy and he says, "you are my special mom."
Two seconds later he is dead out, like sound asleep.


So of course I go and get the camera because I'm thinking what a good blog post this would all make ;)

 I come out and find these two on the couch, her arm is around his neck and he is reading to her. Of course they go goofy, spastic when I point the camera at them.


And little mr. down here. Well, let's just say I didn't put him on the door mat! He was on the blanket when I walked out of the room and by golly it looks like he is trying to escape. Still no forward action but the baby gets around, reverse style!

The weather has been beautiful and we have been outside in the garden and on the trampoline with the sprinkler for the past 5 days. Love it!
Before that Jeff's mom was in town for the weekend and we were busy having Gramy time and soccer games.
Before that we were over at my sisters non-stop helping her pack up to move...
Before that... I don't really remember that well. It's all been a bit of a whirlwind!

1 comment:

Brent and Jess said...

This made my day! I love hearing about the kids special personalities and what they do! I miss those kids so much...thanks for telling us about their lives so we don't miss out!