Saturday, May 25, 2013

little boy... and then not little boy

Mother's Day 2012
 I found this picture on the side of my fridge the other day. I don't look at that side very often, at least not consciously. I turned it over to see what the date was on it, assuming it was like 3 years ago. Nope, this framed picture of Braxton was taken last year and given to me last Mother's Day. How did he look so little, only last year??
Mother's Day 2013
This is the one I got this year Mother's Day. I held these side by side for a long time and just starred at them. I couldn't believe the difference of a measly year!
Braxton is growing up so fast. It honestly seems like yesterday when I was sitting with him out on the lawn, giving him baby food and being excited about everything he was doing. Well, I still am excited about everything he is doing and I still get to sit with him on the lawn, just not as often as I did back in the day.
Braxton is doing great things. He is a good boy. He is kind and funny and thoughtful. Last weekend we were at a birthday party for our little one year old friend, and Braxton was the oldest kid there. He was so sweet the whole time, playing with the other kids and being kind (like letting them win the races.) When we had to go this little 3 year old boy started crying, hysterically,  because he didn't want Braxton to leave. It was so sweet. He is an excellent student and he loves to learn and read. He just finished reading the 1st Harry Potter book and absolutely loved it. Braxton is a good friend. The other day he told me that his friend at school lost his show and tell and was really sad about it. I asked him if he ever found it and Braxton said, "yeah, I think he found it because I went over by the couches and said a prayer that he could find it." He is very sweet and kind. Braxton is really excelling at soccer also. He is playing on an older team this year and he started out a bit timid but he has really gained a lot of confidence and had a really nice goal at today's game. One of my favorite things to do with him right now is play soccer in the backyard. Obviously it's paying off... ha, lol.
When I dropped off Braxton at school the other day I watched him run to the door and then hold it open while 3 or 4 other kids walked in. He didn't do it because I told him too, he just did it. That makes me so happy as a mother. It's those little things that I love getting glimpses of.
And lastly,Braxton is a farmer. He loves taking care of our chickens, especially getting the eggs and feeding them his leftover lunch.
This boy is almost done with 1st grade!!

2 comments:

Brent and Jess said...

Wow, we couldn't believe that picture was from last year either! He has grown! You're such a wonderful mom to Brax, and it shows! He really is a sweetheart.

Bham2Sisters said...

Awww...I love Braxton!
Ms. Mimi