Saturday, May 25, 2013

today


today i made blueberry muffins
today i coached soccer
today i watched more soccer
today i mowed the lawn
today i went to a bar-b-q at friends'
today i did the dishes
and laundry
today i ate chips and bean dip
today my baby fell asleep on me
today i layed in the grass
today i cried
today i said goodbye to my sister
not really "goodbye" to her, but "goodbye" to our lifestyle I guess
today i told my sister to be happy down there
and i meant it

This whole move of my sister and her family has been in the works for the whole month. It's been a lot. Lots of stuff going on this time of year and lots of fun.

We knew this day was coming and so we maxed out the past couple weeks. We had a fun going away party, we had plenty of park dates, we had dinner together like every other night, we had slumber parties, we did it all.

Today when we said goodbye it was hard. Next to my husband and my kids I see my sister and her kids more than anyone else in the world. We practically see each other every day. There is nothing quite like a sister. When she comes over I am usually bra-less. When I go to her house I usually raid her cupboards. The other day she took my kids so I could go on a field trip with Braxton. She needed my car because she had my kids and she didn't have room in her car. She texted me a few minutes after leaving my house saying I was out of gas so she was putting gas in my tank. Ha. Thanks ;)

When Lesha and Peter moved to town, like 7 years ago, Lesha watched Braxton so that I could go back to school and finish my degree. That was when we really started to get close. Then she got pregnant and I got pregnant. Then she got pregnant again, and I got pregnant again. And the rest is history. This whole time we have been figuring this whole mom thing out together. It has brought us so close together and our kids. I think that is the hardest part about them moving, because I am really happy for them. I just know that tomorrow when Carson isn't in Adelle's class at church and when they aren't at my mom and dad's for Sunday dinner, and Monday when they don't just appear at our house, it's going to be a culture shock for my kids. It's going to be an adjustment for all of us.

Adelle is ms. positive. She just keeps telling everyone that we are going to go on the train to Lesha and Peter's, which we will, eventually. But not everyday.

So today I told Lesha to be happy down there where they are moving. I want her to bloom and grow and make the most out of this new phase. I know there is purpose in this move for all of us and I hope we can all be stronger and closer because of it. I pray she meets a nice friend who loves her and reaches out to her. I hope her kids love their house and her husband loves his job. And, I hope the train conductor understands that yes, we will be on that train, a lot! I can't wait to visit you, Lesh!!


3 comments:

Doneva said...

oh my THAT was beautiful, YOU have been so blessed to have each other, that has ALWAYS been my dream as a mom, something I always wanted!! This is going to be a Journey for ALL of us, THANKS for looking for the JOY in it all!!

Black Family said...

Oh this breaks my heart. Love both of you so much. Please come visit me more often and let me take your kids anytime! I cried the other night after I left the party because it made me miss my family so much! So hard to have distance. Love you dear friend!

Peter and Lesha said...

Love you and I never think to look at your blog but I will more being down here :) I miss you so much already but I plan to visit lots and I know it wont be the same but I know those times will be so special.

Thankis for being so great and a great mom! and teaching me so much