Friday, May 31, 2013

moving along!!








Adelle keeps us all on our toes with her unique sense of style. This wig is the latest fad around here. She seriously wears it and thinks it's beautiful. We are all playing along, understanding that this too will eventually pass.
In her defense, however, this girl is my right arm these days. She loves her little brothers so much and is more than willing to help out in whatever way I need. She is really a little angle and I love how she is so naturally caring and motherly.

The chickens have been confined to the corner of the backyard. It's a win, win, win. They are laying like champions and we don't have to watch for poop all over the backyard. This makes for a happy farmer's wife!

Gage is moving along....crawling!! I knew it would be quick and it was. He is cruising right along now and the kids are constantly having to pick up their small pieces. The other night Gage crawled under the table while we were eating dinner. He was quite content down there underneath Emmett's chair, satisfied with whatever missed Emmett's mouth. Ha, that's a minor exaggeration but we thought it was funny. Who needs a dog when you have a baby. Yuck!
In all seriousness I don't know about this whole crawling thing. It means making sure the door is always closed now and lots of other minor adjustments to be careful about.

Yesterday I got to go to Braxton's school and eat lunch with all the teachers during a volunteer appreciation. Braxton's class was chosen to sing to all the volunteers and it was really fun. The theme was, "The End of an Era," since his school is closing. Kids sang songs from the 60's because that was the year the school was built. Braxton was shocked when I started singing, "Yellow polka dot bikini," with him. He's like, "how do you know that song, mom??"
Braxton is experimenting with a new hairdo as well. He wants it longer and swoopy. I don't know if his hair is made for that look but I do know I am not going to start paying for someone to do his hair. He's only 7 years old!!

Yesterday was a hard day for my husband. Sometimes the business seems like a bottomless money pit. Thankfully we have good friends who have their own business and offer much needed perspective. I really need the validation sometimes and I find so much strength in knowing that someone else knows exactly what I feel like.
We had bacon cheeseburgers for dinner and Jeff's day was magically better. I love knowing my husband and what he needs ;)

Emmett is my little doll. He is so beautiful and sweet and looking at him always bring me to a smile. He loves his baby brother and his role as the big brother is taken seriously by him. You know the chubby little puppy in 101 Dalmations that is always saying, "but momma, I'm hungry." That is my Emmett. So sweet. Emmett is up with the sun and asking for breakfast. He is happy to do whatever and keeps us all laughing at his funny faces and honest expressions. Like last week while I am driving I hear him from the backseat, "ah mom! That light was red!!" Yes, like the one I just went through. I was behind a semi and couldn't really tell so I went for it and sure enough I got busted.

I made a meal calendar this week and so far I am 3 for 5 in sticking to it. I have never had a meal calendar in my life but I thought I would give it a shot. I am not sold on it yet, but I do feel like overall dinner prep was easier. I think I will try it again next week and see if it sticks.

Today is the 10 year anniversary of the first date I ever went on with Jeff. It's caused me to think on a lot of things. I love my husband and I think we were honestly made for each other. I was telling Adelle about this special day and she asked, "but who babysitted us on that day?" Funny how kids think the world revolves around them;)
My kids have a date with their aunties tonight and Jeff and I have a date. Cheers to dates... that's how we got to where we are now!

One week down since my sister moved. It's been hard. It has made me really appreciate all my friends and the life we have here. My earnest prayers are that my sister will make a special friend. It will seriously save her.

I have been running with 2 friends who are die hard. I go when I want, and then don't if I don't want. They gave me their schedule so the days I want to go I do. It's been good. The other day I did 5 miles and it knocked my socks off. I decided most of it is in my head. I told myself that morning that I could do it, and I totally did. Whereas the week before I ditched out on the 5 mile run because I was scared and didn't think I could do it. I was comfortable doing 3 and 4 but not 5. So here's to thinking positive and pushing myself a little harder.

And just so in 10 years when I read this I will remember the blueberry excursion I took with some of my friends the other night. Key words: email, texts, blueberry caravan, more frozen blueberries than I have ever seen in my life, shovels, free, desperate housewives, secret source.




1 comment:

Brent and Jess said...

Adelle in the wig just cracks me up. I can't get over how funny that is!