Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother’s Day Weekend

DSC_0641DSC_0626DSC_0633

Mother’s Day weekend was so wonderful. I am so grateful for the wonderful women in my life and for the love they show to me and my family.

Friday my mom, my sister, Gramy,  all three of my mom’s sisters and I, went out to lunch with the little ones. It was so beautiful. We ate at a restaurant right on the water at the Bay and the sun was shining. The kids played on the beach and we ate lots of yummy fish and shrimp and fries. It was so nice and relaxing and we all spoiled each other with homemade cards, goodies and flowers.

And, just for journaling sake, I ran into an old customer that I waited on for years when I worked in my aunt’s restaurant and she told me that she thought Adelle looked just like me, which was totally fun to hear and flattering ;)

Saturday we got up and got ready for soccer games all morning. It was a nice day and the kids played hard. Straight from there I went up to my church where they were holding a Women’s Conference that I got to participate in for lunch and a class.

Saturday night Auntie Belissa (as M refers to her) came over to play with the kids and Jeff took me out on a hot date. Literally. We went and played numerous games of tennis and then we went and got chips and pico de gallo and took that and the book we are reading down to the river to sit on the bench and read and munch. This sort of thing is my favorite to do with my best friend. I love my husband so much and I so enjoy the simple things we do together. You can ask him about tennis if you are curious as to who won.

DSC_0689

Sunday morning I woke up to fresh rhubarb crisp, just the way I like it. Jeff had made it and it was so delicious and we all enjoyed it. Then we went to church where the sweet children sang a special Mother’s Day song and it was really sweet. After church we headed out to my parent’s for brunch. My dad and Bryce spoiled us with crepes and fresh rhubarb sauce, hashbrown sandwhiches, fresh fruit, and Jeff poached eggs from our own chickens! You can’t go somewhere and get that kind of food and service!  It was so yummy. I love men who cook and they are so good at it!

DSC_0695DSC_0696DSC_0697DSC_0698DSC_0699DSC_0701

DSC_0678DSC_0675DSC_0670

The rest of the day was spent either outside in the sand and water up to your knees, at the table playing cards, on the couch sleeping/resting, eating chips and salsa, or all of the above. It was a glorious day and the rain even held off until late in the evening.

When we left the Bay we stopped by Grandma Johnson’s so that the kids could give her a treat and a card and sing their special song to her. Then we came home and skyped, first with Uncle Ryan, then with Brent and Jess, and then with Jeff’s Mom and Dad.

I dearly love the women in my life. There is something so unique about women and I am constantly observing the kind things that are done by them on behalf of me and my family. Both my mom and my mother in law, all my sisters, Grandmas, aunts, friends, my kids’ teachers… I love them all. I am so thankful that I get to be a woman and I am thankful that I am here on earth at this time, surrounded by loving women to buoy me up and inspire me. Happy Mother’s Day!

1 comment:

Doneva said...

YES we are BLESSED to be Mothers, so grateful for your sweet appreciation for your LIFE and all the mom's that surround you and LOVE you!! I LOVE the picture of the 4 precious ones with their arms around each other looking out at the BAY!!! I need a copy of that please!! So GRATEFul that you made me a MOM!!