Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday again???


Thursday is soccer practice over here. Here is my little soccer girl. I say that generously as she is sure cute but definitely not a soccer player:)
I love Adelle. She is quick, smart, obedient, helpful, and very kind and funny. But, she does not have an aggressive bone in her little body. So, soccer is just funny to watch her play because she honestly runs away from the ball. If the other team has it she doesn't want to take it from them, like it's not a nice thing to do, right. So it's been interesting. She loves the teammates. She is the friendliest little player. She knows all their names and what their moms and dads all look like. She is the youngest player on the team. But, she is totally happy just watching others kick the ball while she stands and watches or picks flowers for everyone from the field.


Lesha totally captured it in this picture. Carson on the other hand is a defensive maniac. He doesn't really care about the social aspect of the sport but he knows the ball and knows how to get it and what to do with it. Notice Adelle's fishy face she is making, just completely un-engaged.

My brother in law was coaching these little guys with me until he dropped us all like a bad habit and moved to Portland to start a new job.  Sad! He was awesome and we made a really good team. Him with the plays and concepts, me with the engaging the kids and making it fun and practical.

Now Lesha is helping me which is great too. I love being with my sister. 
Tuesdays and Thursdays have turned into family fun days. My sister shows up with her kids. My mom shows up to watch the little ones. My sister and I take the big kids to soccer, we can walk there. Jeff comes home and goes straight to Braxton's practice to watch/help. Lesha and I coach Adelle and Carson. My mom watches Kate, Emmett, and Gage at my house. 
We come home all tired and hungry. We all eat dinner together. Lesha and I take turns doing dinner for that night and it cooks while we are practicing. Everyone eats. The kids all play. It's a beautiful thing and one that I am realizing I have taken advantage of.

Braxton is playing soccer too and he is on an older team this year. He is doing awesome. I don't get to watch him practice because it's at the same time I am coaching Adelle, but his coach is continually telling me how great he does and what a mature young man he is. Braxton loves the sport and is really getting good at it. I am excited to watch him in the games.


And here is a shot from last Thursday. The weeks have been going so fast I don't know what to do about it!
Riley spent the night last Wednesday night and on Thursday we had fun painting faces. 
Riley is such a good cousin and we love it when she comes and visits. Her and Braxton and Adelle all play together so nice and it's so fun to listen to them communicate.
This is what I remember from last week.

Riley to Adelle: "Wow Adelle, you are a good colorer. How did you learn to color so good?"
Adelle: "From my brother, Braxton."
Adelle to Braxton: "Brax, come show Riley how to color!"
Riley: "I know how to color!!"

It was really funny! Riley was just being nice and complimenting Adelle and Adelle naturally asked her brother to come help Riley. So funny these little ones.

Need a new breakfast idea? Check this out!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How fun that you and Lesha are coaching together. Sounds like you have been getting in some good family time.