Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lucky at the Zoo

DSC_0085DSC_0088DSC_0100DSC_0101DSC_0104DSC_0105

DSC_0107DSC_0108DSC_0110DSC_0111DSC_0117DSC_0119

DSC_0128DSC_0130DSC_0134

DSC_0141DSC_0142DSC_0143

DSC_0144DSC_0145DSC_0148DSC_0149

DSC_0152DSC_0096DSC_0092

Monday was so beautiful. It was warm and wonderful and we spent the day up in Canada at the Zoo. It was Peter’s birthday and he requested a day at the Zoo with all the women to himself. Lol! It was Peter and Lesha and their kids, my mom, Chelsey, and me and my kids. Lots of kids and lots of women ;)

Driving up through the border the woman in the box asked if all the kids belonged to me. I said yes that they were all mine. She then said, “wow, you are really lucky.” She said it in such a profound way that I knew she was being serious. I said, “thank you,” and continued through. My mom and I were so impressed with what she said. Normally when people notice I have 4 kids they say things like, “you’re crazy!”, or “so are you done with 4!”, or I don’t even know what else but no one has ever said, “wow, you are really lucky,” and it was really refreshing. I know I am lucky but it was nice for a stranger to recognize my kids as a blessing.

The kids were so so  good! My mom and Chelsey rode up with me and my kids and it was nice to have a few extra hands to hold Gage or push the stroller when I was taking kids back and forth to the bathroom. Also, I brought my camera but I never once dug it out of my bag which was so nice.  Chelsey took all the pictures. If you ever go someplace I recommend bringing your own personal photographer with you!

Braxton was the star of the day. The boys were most excited about seeing the bears and when we got to their refinement the one bear was way off and asleep and we could barely see her. Braxton starts growling really loud and obnoxiously and all of the sudden the bear sits up, then proceeds to walk towards us. Braxton kept growling and the next thing we knew the bear was right at the gate, nose to nose with us! All the zoo kids were happy and pretty soon there was a mob of people all excited to finally get to see the bear. Braxton was pretty pleased with himself!

After the Zoo I thought for sure the kids would fall asleep on the way home but no such luck. Lesha and Peter left their kids with me so they could have a birthday date. The kids were all totally spent and cranky and in the heat of it all my brother Bryce called to see if he and Chelsey could pick up stuff for dinner and come to our house. It was sweet!  I rocked Gage to sleep while Chelsey cooked taco meat and Bryce jumped on the trampoline with all the kids. Then once he was asleep I chopped up toppings for tacos and when Jeff got home we were all hungry and ready to chow.

We finished off the night watching a family favorite, “Free Willy.”

So far we are having the best spring break ever!

And just so you know I really love having family close and I am having a hard time grasping the fact that my sister and her family are moving to another state, soon. But that’s a whole nother story.

No comments: