Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Play Take I






You still have a couple days to do this with your kids. It's so fun and so easy!!

Today we did a play with our Preschool friends. It was super easy. Last night, too late, as I was finishing the plans for school today I found hats online and made them in about 10 minutes. I just googled "Thanksgiving Hats" and tons of images came up.

The kids had fun. We will be doing this a few more times with my own kids so more pictures to come.

For the play, if your curious all I did was:
Get a toy boat- This is the Mayflower
Then I explained that the pilgrims came over on a boat called the Mayflower (have the kids wearing the Pilgrim hats walk up to the front with the boat)
When they got to land they were tired (yawn) and hungry (rub their bellies) and cold (shiver).
They didn't know how to look for food.
Then they met the Indians (Indians come to the front, everyone shakes hands and says, "nice to meet you.")
The Indians taught the Pilgrims how to work (pretend to dig, plant seeds, hunt....)
To say Thank you the Pilgrims put on a big feast with all the food they had grown and gathered and everyone had a feast.

That was basically it. Ta Da!

* oh and my Mr. Emmett man totally wanted a hat and I wasn't prepared for him (duh, I should have been) so I stapled a green piece of paper together on the spot and he was a tree. He was happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a crafty little mommy. They look super cute. Brax looks a little freaked out though. :)

Peter and Lesha said...

emmett's picture cracks me up :)

Sarah said...

Such a cute idea. It is simple and perfect for that age. BTW, did Sophie leave her purple hair bow there?