Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Gramy always says....

"You better write that down so you don't forget it!"

The kids are at such fun ages. Braxton is experiencing a whole new world at school. Adelle has mastered being the mini-mom of Emmett. Emmett is too big for his britches but too small to do all the things he really wants to do. Emmett is also so stubborn!

Emmett is a ham. Jeff thinks he is the funniest of our kids so far but I think it's too early to tell. I think they are all funny but Emmett definetly has his own, sly, sense of humor. He rolls his eyes. He is not even 2 and he can already roll his eyes and he does it often. When you talk to him and he doesn't want to listen he totally looks down or over and ignores you. The other night at dinner Jeff was scolding him for goofing off at the table and his bottom lip totally started to quiver. He was frowning and sad and it took everything in us not to laugh. Then Jeff left bad, laughed, and Emmett turned that frown upside down instantly. Almost like it was all an act. He cracks us up!

Adelle dances like a Hawaiian. She works her hips and all and I don't know where she learned it but I do know that she is way too flirty and cute. She loves taking care of Emmett and the two of them play so well together lately. Emmett follows her around just like she used to follow Braxton around (and still does when he is home!) Adelle is becoming a way better eater than she used to be. She is funny. The other day on our way to a field trip we were carpooling with our friends. I was driving and my friend was in the front seat, all the kids were in the back. My friend and I were talking and the kids were all trying to watch Dora on the dvd. Adelle pipes up, "mom, remember you aren't supposed to talk while you are driving!" She was trying to get me to shut up so she could watch her movie but it didn't work. I tell her I can't talk on the phone when I drive, I can still talk to the person next to me!
She loves everyone. At the store today she made conversation with another shopper. She is very polite and fun to be around. She acts way older than any three year old I've ever met. On Sundays at church you can find her in one of many places:
With one of her nursery leaders who she loves
With the primary president who she hangs out with in her spare time
With one of the young women who adore her
With the young men's president who she really likes and calls him by his first name
With her nursery friends
In the bathroom
She is definetly Miss Congeniality.

Braxton I don't have words for lately. He is so smart, and yet sometimes so spacey. I can't figure it out. I will share some recent quotes:

I am laughing out loud as I sit here thinking about some of the things he's said lately.

On Sunday, looking out the window, waiting for my brother and his girlfriend to pull up to dinner:
Braxton, "they're here, they're here, they're here! Oh, nope. Not them. Just the neighbor. Mom, what is our neighbors name again?
Me, "______________."
Braxton, "oh, right. Mom, is she a boy or a girl?"

Oh my gosh? Are you serious. Our neighbor, she, is a girl. We have been to her house,we talk to her frequently. I am not sure where this came from? She does have really short hair and she doesn't wear any makeup, but....really?


On Monday after having Family Home Evening:
Braxton, "Mom, can I put this Temple picture in my room, or did you and dad just like it in the closet?"

Oops! This was embarrassing. It is a picture of the Seattle Temple where Jeff and I got married and we've been meaning to find a good place for it, but we haven't and now we have pictures of the Vancouver Temple up..... I know, excuses, excuses. It was just really funny how Braxton stated his question.

Today walking home from school:
Braxton, "oh and mom, today for the first time ever I played football with the big kids at recess!!!!"
Me, "Wow Brax, that's awesome. Do you know any of their names?"
Braxton, "the big kids? No! Actually, yeah one of their names was Luke."

This last one wasn't funny but it was sweet and exciting and it made me reminisce of times in elementary school playing kick ball (not football, kickball!) I am happy he is loving school so much and excited for all the new experiences he is having!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The quote of Braxton not knowing whether your neighbor was a boy or a girl made me laugh so hard.