Sunday, November 20, 2011

Random Catch Up

We have a computer!!! We called crying to Jeff's mom enough times that she sent up their old computer to hold us over until we are rich and can buy our own. This is such good news. Our old computer was nice while it lasted but when it got attacked it really went down hill and hasn't been functioning well ever since. Making my life....frustrating and difficult! Amazingly enough I use the computer for many things other than blogging so this wasn't just hindering my blog keeping, although that in itself is definitely a hindrance!

That all being said there was a scripture read during Sunday school today that really struck me and has been on my mind ever since.
I will share it.

1 Timothy 6:7-8
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

I thought it was a perfect scripture for Thanksgiving. "And having food and raiment let us be therewith content."
Yes. I can do that. During the Sunday school lesson I sat and pondered on that. I have so much to be thankful for and although it is inconvenient to not have a working computer, I have so much! Food and raiment, in abundance. I love this time of year and the chance it gives me to remember to give thanks.



My sisters kids stayed the night last week and it was a PARTY in the house! Here are the happy pancake eaters at breakfast.


Here are 4 of the 5 snoozing in Adelle's bed. Emmett was deprived but he didn't know it and I felt better knowing he would still get his much needed good nights rest in his lonely crib by himself.


Here are Emmett and Kate. They are besties and it's so fun. They love each other and drive each other crazy all at the same time. It's funny how apparent their genders are too. Emmett is such a boy; showing off, pushing her buttons, instigating trouble. Kate is such a girl; bossing him around, tattling on him, telling him what to do, laughing at everything he does.... They are the perfect combo.


It didn't take Braxton long after he got home from school to have them all in their "ball clothes!"


Here they are pretending to go to sleep in the dog's bed. I know, gross.


Here they are sharing an after school snack of apples and pears.


In other exciting news Adelle's preschool group took a field trip to Great Harvest Bread. It was a fun adventure and the kids each scored a miniature loaf of fresh baked deliciousness. As you can see Adelle had the pick of the litter this day being the only girl.


Looks like the most eligible bachelor award goes to Benjamin. He is such a sweet boy and he and Adelle are really cute together. I think she likes the quiet, shy type.


Last but not least here is my handsome husband with roses, for me! They were actually left over from Young Women in Excellence but they got sent home with me so I strategically gave them to Jeff and had him romantically walk in with them. After which we had a minor argument ( in between kisses ;)
Him, "but you don't like it when I bring you flowers."
Me, "yes I do."
Him, "you say you can't justify it though."
Me, "I know, I can't. But I still like it."
Him, "so do you want me to bring you flowers?"
Me, "well, no."
Him, "you are so confusing."

3 comments:

Nancy and Spencer said...

Love the flower argument. I agree with you! I love getting flowers but don't want spenc to spend the money on them for me when we can use the money on something more needed.
Although, I do happily accept them from him after delivering babies!

Black Family said...

I love you!! Loved reading this and laughed so hard at the part about the flowers...that is exactly how Jake and our conversations go about flowers...I am so showing this to him! love it!

Peter and Lesha said...

That is funny that is how our conversations go about flowers too, at least he gets them free from work anytime he brings them to me :) kate and emmett are too cute, I love hearing them play with each other.

Adelle needs the quiet shy type to balance her out a bit, poor kid though won't get a word in :)