Monday, October 8, 2012

Pregnancy update

 This is my shadow at Braxton's jog-a-thon last Friday. The day after my due date. Also the day my mom and I walked miles and she bought me Olive Garden Eggplant Parmesan. (which was really good but didn't do anything to induce my labor).
 Here we are starting our hike at Pt. Whitehorn Friday after school. This cute older couple stopped us and offered to take a picture of us.
 This is me Friday night, at the beach we hiked too, after falling off that log. It was funny. I had sat down to rest (after running, walking, skipping along the beach) and when I tried to get up I lost my balance and fell backward into a very prickly bush. Jeff kindly took this flattering picture of me laying there laughing at myself.
And here's a belly shot Adelle took of me sharing one of the many blackberries I picked along the trail and at the beach.

Every day I keep thinking, "this is the day!" and at night I think, "ok, it always happens at night so this is it." So far, still pregnant.
I'm totally ok with it though is the funny part. Most people I am around think I should be going crazy by now but I am thankfully not miserable and besides being antsy I just keep telling myself everyday that I am one day closer to having a newborn baby.

The weather has been so beautiful and so far this has been the best pregnancy ever so I have no complaints. The fantastic summer and fall weather have greatly influenced this I know because we have been outside for hours a day walking, exploring, picnicing...
Friday I suggested we go for a hike. It was beautiful. So fun and nice. The kids loved it. Braxton and I raced a lot of the way. I was actively trying to get something to happen.  Adelle and Braxton collected leaves. Emmett found a "boat" at the beach and "drove" it the whole time we were there. We picked blackberries and skipped rocks. We climbed and climbed. Nothing doing.

I have been reading back in my old journals from past pregnancies and trying to figure out some sort of pattern. The thing that I noticed, and then remembered, was that it was when I stopped, relaxed, and was still that the baby's ended up finally coming. So that's what I did this weekend. Jeff and I made pumpkin pie Saturday morning, joint effort. We stayed home, watched General Conference, I napped in between session, Jeff and I practiced my relaxation techniques and read together. I took long showers. Ate lots of pie, yum.... Still nothing.

Today we ran some typical Monday errands. Jeff met us at the park for a picnic. We continued the backyard clean up project that has been haunting me, and it's finally done!!

My sweet friend, Tonya, brought over a meal which she said could go in the freezer. I optimistically put it in the fridge in hopes that maybe baby will come tonight and we will have dinner all ready for tomorrow.

This whole process is such a miracle. It still seems surreal that one day I will be pregnant, the next day I will be holding our newborn baby. I still don't quite grasp the magnitude of it and it even still crosses my mind, "is it really going to happen?"

I appreciate the calls, emails and texts. They don't bug me one bit. I think it's nice to know that people are excited to hear our good news and the details so, thanks for that :)

Tomorrow is Tuesday and I have MomSpot which is a mom's group I attend every 2nd and 4th Tuesday. It's my tables turn to bring food so I plan to get up and make a yummy apple crisp. Here's to tomorrow!


No comments: