Friday, October 19, 2012

One week old!

 Gage is already 1 week old. It is going really fast, and there has been a lot going on.
 The kids have taught him how to play peek-a-boo ;) 
 Adelle still hasn't tired of holding him. I don't think she ever will. This sis is in heaven.
 I have been down a lot more than I would have liked but thankfully Jeff has been home and the kids got used to coming into my room and hanging out.  This has been the hardest part for me. I do not like to feel helpless and I have found myself feeling that way with all that has been going on. I am much better now, hence back to blogging ;)
 We have had visitors come and we are so thankful for our loving family and friends who have seriously made this so much easier on all of us. The love we have felt has been such a strength.
This is Gage with Grandma Johnson.
 I have been out of the house for a total of 1/2 hour since getting home from the nursery. Adelle and I snuck out real quick one afternoon to see Braxton get his award from the jog-a-thon. He got 2nd place again for all the 1st grade boys. Last year in Kindergarten he got 2nd place as well and he even ran the same amount of laps. Horray for consistency!
 Gage looks so much like Braxton to me when Braxton was a baby. This picture really shows it I think. He is a happy little guy.
 Emmett loves being a big brother but came down with a cold this week so he was miserable for a couple days. Nothing like adding to the already boiling pot. Thankfully he is on the mend now and no one else is sick.
 Emmett loves to tickle Gage.
It's funny too Jeff and I both keep calling Gage, Emmett. I guess we are really used to him being the baby ;)
 After a few heal pokes last night we got the call that Gage's jaundice levels were high and that we needed to do light therapy, like immediately. So late last night the option care nurse comes over with this glow worm like apparatus and a light bed for our little guy to sleep in. 
Nothing like nerve racking for this momma, yet again.
This jaundice thing however has been way easier than I expected and as of today he is showing dramatic improvements. 
I really keep counting my blessings because I know things could be a lot worse. (buy you try telling my hormones that ;)
 My friend brought dinner tonight, again one of many delicious dinners that have been brought and enjoyed, and she made sugar cookie dough and brought Halloween cutters. 
So we celebrated with the older kids. Just mom, dad, and the former 3 made Halloween cookies. It was a good break and time we all needed. 

And before they were completely dead I had to post a picture of this amazing bouquet my brother brought me after Gage was born. It's from Pike Place (love it there) and it says Andrea all over it. I love how perfect they are for me. The plant in the middle is Kale. Thanks Bryce & Chelsey!

On to week 2.





1 comment:

April said...

Congratulations! What a scary thing to have happen right after delivery. I am so happy to hear that everything is going well now and you are all doing good. There's nothing better than adding a new little person to the family.
April