Monday, October 22, 2012

Emmett's Self Portrait


Emmett loves to draw.
He will sit at the table with his brother and sister while they work on homework and he will draw and color away. Or, if they aren't home, he will color and draw by himself, or with me. 
Emmett is also a lefty, like Brax. Not sure how I got two lefty's...

I have scanned the first self portrait each of my kids have drawn. I think they are magical. To see them put on paper their own features is really remarkable.
I will have to check back at the ages my other kids did their self portraits but Emmett I think wins for the most detailed at the youngest age. He is only 2 1/2 and I think this picture is super accurate.

And of course he signed his work. At the bottom in the purple is "E" for Emmett. He really likes making E's but he gets a little carried away with the lines coming off the E's.

And if you need help with the picture:
The red in the middle at the top is the hair
on both sides of the hair are his ears
underneath the hair is the nose
The eyes are inside the nose
The mouth is the straight line under the nose, with the tongue sticking out
Then the legs at the bottom and the arms coming out the sides 
:)


2 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

You've got a super-talented artist on your hands there! 2 1/2? That's crazy mad skills.

Lydia said...

super cute!