Friday, September 21, 2012

Party People


 If you ever want to have a fun, happenin' party, just have 15 year old girls plan it!
 The Young Women at my church threw me a super fun shower the other night. Instead of "hot potato" we played "dirty diaper." You had to pass it and when the music stopped you couldn't be stuck with it or you were out. These girls were pretty competitive. It was so much fun. I truly love these girls! They create the most positive synergy and I love being around them.
These two were in charge. They had games I had never even heard of (and I've been to my share of showers). Did you know that a baby tiger is called a whelp? And a baby eagle is called a fledgling?
Me neither! 
 A friend who has a daughter in Young Womens made this gorgeous quilt for the baby. It is beautiful. My babies are so lucky, each one of them has received a handmade quilt. 
I love these pictures. When I got home that night the kids were in bed, but not asleep.  I went into their room and told them about the fun party. Then I showed them the quilt. Emmett was first; he got down from the bed and laid on the quilt in admiration. The other two followed. I guess they were testing it out.
We are ready for baby around here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of the young women to throw you a shower! Isn't it so much fun to be around the young women? They inspire me with their generosity and spirit and it looks as though your YW do the same!