Monday, September 10, 2012

Number 3, and Me

 Emmett eating his lunch while waiting in the Costco line for gas.
 Walking with momma to Zuanich Park
 Finding all the big boats
Blowing wishes as he walks

Emmett has been ready to go to school since I can remember. He is always taking brother to school and today he took sister to school and so he has been very anxious about going to school himself. Well, he's only 2 1/2 so there is no school anytime soon for this big boy.

Yesterday while driving home from church the kids were talking about Adelle starting Preschool and I told them that I would be packing Adelle a lunch for school now too. Then I had an idea. I asked Emmett, "do you want mommy to pack you a lunch too and you and mommy can go on a picnic tomorrow?" He said, "yeah, and first we do homework?" Funny boy, knows all the school talk already. He wanted homework too!
When we got home Braxton went and grabbed his lunch box from last year and gave it to Emmett. Such a good big brother. Emmett complained that it was "dirty" but other than that he was happy to have one.

So today after we dropped off Adelle at Preschool, Emmett and I had a special date. First we went to Trader Joes where he loves to push the cart. I didn't even need anything, but I knew he would love it so he got a cart and we bought some banana's and some chips and a few other unnecessary items.

Then we stopped by my Gramy's to drop off something she had me print for her off of my computer and she treated us to a special smoothie that she made in her Vitamix. I WANT A VITAMIX SO BAD (just in case someone reading this has $500 they want to use to buy me one;). It was really yummy! Emmett kept telling Gramy that we were going to the park to have a picnic.

The next stop was Costco to get gas. It was still a bit chilly outside and not quite lunch time so I figured the gas line wouldn't disappoint and I could waste a little time waiting in it. Sure enough, there was a line and Emmett got started on his lunch.

Finally we made it to the park. We climbed and played and then once we spotted the water there was no more playing on the toys. This boy loves the water. We looked at all the boats, walked down to the dock, threw sticks in the water, and got lots of good fresh air. 

I love this little boy and can hardly believe he is soon not going to be the baby. He will be my baby still, but when I call him the baby now he corrects me that he is the big boy and the baby is in my tummy. Sometimes he actually says the baby is in his tummy but I know what he means.

I am looking forward to Monday's this year. It will be just me and this little guy for a couple more weeks and then...

2 comments:

A and C said...

Fun stuff. Alex was that age when he was begging to go to school to. He is our only one that did 2 years of preschool.

We got a vitamix and LOVE it! It is used daily here. (and, not that it is much better) but they are under $400 at Costco. Good luck!

Peter and Lesha said...

so cute! funny, we were at costco too must have had all the same ideas that day