Friday, September 7, 2012

Back to School

 Wednesday, September 5 2012
Braxton's first day of 1st Grade

Braxton had a successful first day of school. Actually, it was really successful and pretty emotionless for all of us. I really surprised myself this year as I was completely free of any sort of feelings of sadness or loss or anything of the sort. We was excited and I was excited to get back into the routine of the whole school thing.

I love Braxton's school. Last year I got to know so many of the teachers and staff and was involved with the PTO so this year I just felt like he was going back to a great place and I wasn't hesitant about it. It was such a funny feeling for me. Jeff called that afternoon to see how everything went and I didn't have any tears than either. So much for pregnancy hormones I guess.

Wednesday morning Braxton was up bright and early and after a shower got dressed in athletic shorts and a t-shirt (exactly what he wears every day). I made waffles for breakfast and then we all got ready to walk to school. We had a new classroom to walk too and Emmett and Adelle were a little thrown off when we went a different way down the hall of the school. His classroom was mayhem, tons of parents and new students looking where to go and where to unload all of the supplies. Braxton found a desk to sit in and got his supplies all put away. Then when I couldn't take the claustrophobic feeling anymore the little ones and I said we were going to leave. They gave Braxton hugs and I went to kiss him to which he turned and gave me his cheek. It was pretty cute. We were off and he was awesome.

Braxton's teacher is Mrs. Bruner. This is her last year teaching before she retires. She is fantastic, from what I have heard, and she has been at his school her whole career. I love that about her. She was really nice and seemed like she was a pro at what she was doing. Braxton is also in a 1st/2nd split class. This is right up his alley and I am excited for the challenge it will present him with. He loves to be with the big kids. 

When we got home from dropping him off Adelle and Emmett played school and drew pictures. Then we had a friend come over for a bit. Later that day Adelle told me she missed Braxton. I think she will miss him for a while. They play so well together.

After school Braxton was excited to report on the day and we were all happy to see him and have him home. 

*oh, and poor Emmett wants to go to school SO BAD! He wears his backpack everywhere now and constantly asks when he is going to school.

3 comments:

Craison said...

Oh! I am sooo happy he has Mrs. Bruner! Please tell her I say hello. She will definitely be missed at the school. I LOVED working with her! She taught me so much and I plan on implementing a lot of what she does. I actually am interested in 1st grade because of her. Glad he has had a great first couple of days! :)

Andrea said...

Erin,
I am really glad he has her too. She was actually going to retire last year, but decided to hang on to be there for the last year of the school being up and running.
I will tell her you say hello!

Anonymous said...

It's a great day when the kids love going to school! Cute photos.