Monday, September 10, 2012

Adelle's 1st Day of Preschool

 Adelle all big and ready for her first official day of Preschool!
 Walking into the school with her cute new backpack.
Checking in with her name at school. 

Today was Adelle's first day of Preschool. It was long awaited for and she was super excited. She woke up before 7:00am this morning, which is not like my sleeper girl. Hopefully that part will not be consistent... I have things to do in the morning!!

After breakfast I packed the kids' lunches and they all got dressed. Adelle chose to wore this Dora dress for her first day. Probably my least favorite article of clothing she has but... it was her choice and she was thrilled to wear it to school. Then I braided her hair and she was just about ready... The next time I saw her she had added a necklace and lipstick. 

My sister is wonderful and picked up Adelle's backpack at TJ Maxx this weekend. Adelle and I had gone on Friday and everywhere we went was completely sold out of backpacks. I guess that's what I get for waiting until the last minute. Thank goodness I have a good sister who likes to shop way more than I do!!

When I picked Adelle up from school today I asked her if she liked school and she said yes. Then I asked her if she made any friends and she said, "Yes, Isla, the girl in the blue dress." The funny thing is I don't think Isla was wearing the blue dress but maybe... Either way I am glad she made a friend. I asked Adelle if she missed me and she said, "no". I said, "good," and she said, "why is that good mom??" I explained to her that she was probably having fun and being safe so she didn't need to think about her mommy. It was a good thing. I was glad she didn't miss me.

Adelle sang B-I-N-G-O the whole way home and told Emmett about her day and what she ate for lunch. When we got home she whipped out her book that she had made and read Emmett and I "1,2 buckle my shoe."

Today was #1 of a good Preschool year for this special girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's such an exciting milestone! What adorable pictures.