Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"How are you going to do it all?"

The other night Jeff and I were driving home from the Temple where we had just had a nice, relaxing, date. It was a really nice night and we had good conversation on the drive home. That is when all of a sudden Jeff asks me this, "So, how are you going to do it all?"
My first reaction was to laugh. Seriously, what a man. As a woman, and a thinker/planner I thought about, "how I was going to do it," before I even went and got pregnant. That's the responsible thing to do, right? And since then I have thought about it every single day, one way or another. Well, apparently that part of the process hadn't crossed my husbands mind until now!  Four weeks before our new baby boy will be here and he's all of a sudden wondering how I am going to do it?  This is all hilarious to me to be honest.

The answer I gave him very frankly was, "just how I do now, only with a front pack on."

That answer seemed good enough for him but I've been thinking about it more and more as the weeks progress. There are 4 of them, 5 counting Jeff, and there is only one of me.  Somehow they will all have a piece and a time and a place but it's going to require me to be on my game and to balance, big time!

We walk to school. This is a huge relief to me. The thought of having to buckle and unbuckle 500 carseat straps each day kills me and I am so glad that will not be our scenario. Huge relief and blessing.

Braxton, Adelle and Emmett are amazing, hands down. They are really the greatest kids and I am not overwhelmed by them, at all. They are tolerant and patient and really excited to help with the baby. They are not stressing me out, whatsoever. This is also a huge blessing.

Jeff doesn't expect anything of me. Really. I'm not sure why this is but he really never has. I expect mountains of myself but he really doesn't. He doesn't require a good meal, though I do. He doesn't require a clean house, though I aspire to keep it that way. He is somehow that awesome and could really care less about most things. I have never felt any pressure from him and that comforts me right now as there could likely be a late dinner or a messy house in the near future. Maybe? ;0

Family. My family is so close and banging down my door to serve me. My mom and sister, aunts, Grandma's.... they all have my back and are one phone call away from helping with whatever I may need help with. My mom always says that I never ask for help but just knowing that I can is a huge blessing.

We are social and that makes us happy around here. My friends and I will continue to get together. We will still hang out at the library. We will still go on walks. We will still be around people who we love to be around. We will just have another one to bring along.

Yes, there are things I am not sure about yet. How will I volunteer in Braxton's class? Will I be able to continue to go on all of his field trips? Will I be able to attend Adelle's preschool to help out? Will Emmett be potty trained? Will.....the list goes on.

But I find comfort in knowing that my life is built upon a sure foundation. This was the Sunday School lesson on Sunday. If men and women are built upon a sure foundation than they cannot fall/fail. My life is good. My family is firm. My faith is growing. My support system is sure. My priorities are set. My spirit is willing. My body is able.
Helaman 5:12
"..because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."




3 comments:

Kelsey said...

You are awesome! I wish we lived by you so I could soak in your good mom vibes! And I agree, just knowing you have a good support system makes life easier.

Paul is just like Jeff, he doesn't expect anything from me, makes life much less stressful. :)

Batten Rouge said...

You are a wonder woman! I have no doubt that adding one more to your precious brood will only bring you more joy and love. You are an inspiration to me and my growing family :) And really, if you want to make it work, it will work, right? Love you!

Doneva said...

Praying you will CALL you MOMMA and let her help you more, you put the I in independent, your family is priceless because of your love and dedication to it, don't ever under estimate your abilities, YOU are a CHILD of GOD!!!