Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hip Hip Horray for....

Californ - I - A!

So I am WAY behind on blogging and it's a place I don't like to be. I want to catch up but it's overwhelming to me.... so much is going on! So many "best days!"

A couple weeks ago I took the opportunity to go to California with some of my oldest/closest friends to visit one of our other oldest/closest friends who lives there. It was so wonderful!!!!

Our friend Jama sent out the invite months ago, calling us all down for a visit to her beautiful California place. I was totally on the fence. Should I go? Should I not go? What about my kids? Jeff and the business? Money? Meals for my family while I was gone?...

I had decided not to go when Jeff came home from a job and gave me a wad of cash and basically said, "this is for California, GO!" So I did. I said yes and my friend Christen booked the flight.

Yes! The best thing I ever could have said. After that moment things got real busy/crazy. Jeff started working super long days, hours, weeks. Saying yes was the best thing I could have done because let me tell you the last week before I left I was counting the days until take off!

It was a wonderful time. So incredibly wonderful. Jama and her husband John were the best hosts. They met our every need and I even was spoiled to sleep in the bed. From the airport after the flight we went straight to the beach where we had a picnic that Jama had packed. Then we went home to dinner on the deck that John had made us. We got to go on long walks, runs, shopping, Hollywood, the beach.....

It was so nice and relaxing. I totally was able to relax. I knew Jeff had the kids under control, and I had my mom/sister/aunt lined up to feed them dinner so I didn't even worry about a single thing. It was pure bliss.

I love these dear ladies. I love that we have known each other for 10-20 years. I love that we are all really the same as we were back then, except that we've grown up. I love that we are all living pretty different lives but we still have so much to share. I love that I took this time for myself.... because I needed it and I am not one who can take time for myself unless I am completely removed from the situation (aka jumping on a plane and flying to Cali!)

Cheers!

*oh and more for my own record...the first two times I called home Brax answered the phone and I called him sis. Both times. The first time he didn't mind, the second time he said something like, "mom!!! why do you keep calling me sis??" I guess I need to talk to my kids on the phone more. They sound identical, it's rough. I told Jeff he should have warned me that Braxton sounds like Adelle on the phone. He's the one that they usually are on the phone with when he is coming home from work.



1 comment:

Kelsey said...

So glad you got to get away with good friends and have a little break! California is sounding good to me right about now. :)