Saturday, April 28, 2012

Soccer, Pinewood Derby, grace, and BOY

Ok so I am being super lazy with this post but there is so much to say and so little time so here it goes. At least it's all documented in one form or another, right.

 I love Adelle to death. I love all my kids and I don't have a favorite but we found out on Thursday that we are having a BOY so this means lots of things, including the fact I can still say that Adelle is my favorite girl in the whole wide world!! That makes me happy.

My friend Mindi is wonderful and also an ultra-sound tech so I get special privileges with each pregnancy and Thursday didn't disappoint. The picture was obvious and I could hear the little man yelling, "please tell my mom I'm a boy so she doesn't keep calling me Clara!" That was my pick of a girls name but hey, don't have to worry about that now. Thanks Min!

This morning was another soccer game. Braxton is doing great and today was his teams best game by far. They were awesome. Braxton said a special prayer last night that he would play well today and he definetly did. I love his faith.

The ward pinewood derby was tonight and our family ate a lot of chili and humble pie! Our cars were cute; Emmett's was a fire truck, Adelle's was Dora, and Braxton's was a lego dude thing, but they were slow and some didn't even make it to the finish line. Poor Braxton was disappointed. No-one else neither noticed, nor cared. I may have scolded my husband by saying something like, "dude, you're an Eagle Scout, can't you make a derby car?" and he answered with, "no! I have never had a winning car!" So.... this is our goal for the future. We will have a lot of boys to practice with :)

and last but not least my favorite part of the day....
Reading scriptures before bed with our kids and in the scripture is the word "grace." Adelle asks me what grace means and I say it's a gift that we are given for free from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ blah, blah, blah, because I am tired and my brain is dead. I look at Jeff and he notices my need of help, to which he gives the most wonderful explanation:

"Ok sis, let's say you really wanted to eat a piece of chocolate cake but the rule was you would have to eat all of your dinner first. So you eat, and eat, and eat, but there is still more dinner and you are too full to eat anymore. So you don't get the cake, until, Heavenly Father and Jesus come and eat the rest of your dinner. They clean your whole plate and now you get to have cake. That is grace."

It was a perfect example and after he was done my sweet little girl looks at me and says, "so mom, how come you don't know what grace means???" Classic Adelle.

3 comments:

Rachel Ashmore said...

We laughed out loud at the last part. :)

April said...

Congratulations on the little boy, that is so exciting! We like boys over here!!!
A

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Boys are fun, it's true! We're expecting our 4th in early October, too, but I don't want to find out because I would LIKE a girl and don't want to feel let down for 1/2 my pregnancy if it's otherwise. I never feel let down when I see how dang cute they are when they come, so we'll save the big moment for when I'm sure to feel happy :)