Friday, April 13, 2012

10 years from now....




Sometimes I find myself gazing at my children and picturing them in ten years from now. This afternoon as I was going back outside after answering a phone call I stopped myself to take in this image. My three little ones. Lying on the blanket I had been lying on. Talking to each other. Giggling. The girl has her calves up in the air and is tapping her feet. The babe is making weird noises with his mouth. The young man is looking at the magazine I had left laying there. They are all talking together but I don't know about what.

I picture them in ten years laying on the blanket together. Talking about their day. Talking about different friends and different scenarios. Talking about stuff together that they may or may not talk about with me.

I like what I see on the blanket. I like that they have each other. That they truly love to be together. I like thinking about them in 10 years. I like the friends they are and the confidents they will be come. I like thinking about my own brothers and sister when I look at my kids.

Siblings are such a blessing!

3 comments:

t.m. said...

I am so happy my kids have each other! There is nothing that makes me happier than watching them take care of each other or play and laugh and giggle together!

Peter and Lesha said...

so so true, I love that my kids are such good friends and look out for each other all the time. Today when I was running flyers with you, I came home to carson pouring kate her cereal. I wish I had more to make more memories with.

Unknown said...

Your kiddos are so sweet!!!