Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas is saying Thank-You







My sister and I decided about a month ago that we were going to put on an Appreciation Brunch for our babysitters. Our mom, Gramy, Aunt Angela, Aunt Melissa, and Chelsey watch our kids...regularly. Jeff and I get a date every week, I get to volunteer multiple times a week in Braxton's class for different activities, we go to the Temple monthly, and we even got away for a weekend this summer all because of these sweet people who love and take good care of our children. They are such a blessing and we are really grateful for all the service they render us all year. I have called many of them last minute and they always come, wearing their happy face and ready to love on my kids. Every mother's dream come true.

So today was the day. We got our kids all dressed up. They got to serve and entertain with Christmas carols and dance moves. Braxton served the toast and kept the waters full. Lesha brought a ham and Cranberry Trifle. I made egg casserole and homemade english muffin bread. We all had a wonderful time. I think this should be a new tradition!

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

you get a date night every week?? it was so fun :) good idea and great food.

Doneva said...

That was such a wonderful treat, the most delicious brunch I have ever had, thanks for all your LOVE and for your sweet little kiddo's that make me the luckiest Bama in the world, Love you all MOM

Jayme said...

What a great idea!

Sharon@thisthriftyhouse said...

What a great idea!! I'm not surprised--cause I know you are full of great ideas. But I really love this one.