Thursday, December 15, 2011

"bad word"






First off these pictures have nothing to do with this post. I just wanted to post them and maybe they should have their own post but I don't have time for that right now.

Emmett went poop on the potty and everyone was there to cheer him on. It was monumental but I've done this enough to where I know it means nothing, except what it is. We celebrated anyways. I am not pushing potty training but he saw Adelle go and wanted to try. Just so happened that it worked. Go M!

Braxton and Sofie have a special bond. The picture of them he had me take so that he could take it for show and tell. Braxton started off being a little scared of the dog. Not really knowing what it meant when she barked, not knowing if she was going to bite him....
But thankfully he has learned that she is the best dog ever and would never hurt him and since then they play and wrestle and really love each other.

Emmett is my cuddle man lately. I can't get enough of him and I still call him baby but he's growing up and quick. He is so fun and entertains us all with his new words and expressions.

Tonight we did some Christmas baking. We are bringing cookies to Braxton's class tomorrow for a party so I figure, get all of the cookies baked and then frost and sprinkle another time. It's always fun and messy!

Ok. Now onto the post.
I got an email from a girlfriend and co-mom yesterday where she was telling me about an instance with her daughter at school. It involved a VERY BAD WORD and we were discussing (electronically) how crazy it is that our little ones are exposed to so much at school.
That leads into my post.
So this morning we all get up. Everyone is busy getting ready. It's the school sing a long today and Braxton has been singing, signing, practicing for the past couple weeks so I expected him to be way more excited than he was. I asked him if he was excited about the sing a long and he said, "yeah, but mom. We have to talk about something." I was a little concerned at this point so I went and sat on his bed and asked him what was going on. This was his response:
"Well one of the songs we are singing has a bad word in it." I asked what the word was. The answer "Hate."
Ah, what a relief is what I was thinking. I was expecting a harsher word. However I was reminded of his pure innocence and sweet gentle spirit. I told Jeff and he cracked up. I told my mom and she said I was just like that when I was a little girl. Then I told Jeff, "we will never have to worry about Braxton." And he came back with, "whatever, those are the ones you have to worry about!"

For now I think we are pretty safe!

1 comment:

Peter and Lesha said...

that is so funny :) I love him. go M, if you are before Kate you better come teach her cause I really have no drive to