Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gingerbread "children"

Have your kids lay down on butcher paper
Trace them
Cut out little mittens, hats,....noses..

Carson, Adelle, Braxton
Have them glue on the pieces
Wa-La!
They will love decorating
"themselves"

While I am in the corner, hiding behind the refrigerator, enjoying this delicious tradition from Auntie Angela.

So Thanksgiving my Aunt Marlene brought these huge gingerbread men for everyone to decorate. It was great and the kids loved it. They've been asking me since if we can make gingerbread men and decorate them.
My thought process;
We could...only that would mean they are just going to want to eat all the decorations, plus the finished cookies.
I would just soon eat the yummy cookies Auntie made.
So, I thought....we could do gingerbread men out of paper.
Then I thought, I could trace the kids and they could be the gingerbread men....
So, that's what we did.
Entertained them for a while.
and yes, I am sharing the yummy cookies with them....after lunch!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I have kids, I'm taking note of all the fun things you do with your kids. You have the best ideas!

April said...

YUM! I love the gingerbread men idea, I think I will be stealing that and doing it with my boys!

Peter and Lesha said...

thanks, you are great and when we got home carson said "I had fun at aunties house"

Annajean D. said...

What a fun idea!

Ms. Molly said...

What a great idea Andrea! But, where did you find the brown butcher paper?

Andrea said...

Molly, I wish I could help you. The brown butcher paper was given to me from a friend who moved out of state. I don't know where you buy butcher paper!? I will ask around.