Tuesday, December 28, 2010

And so this is Christmas...

Kids in their Christmas Eve jammies


We didn't get a Santa picture this year but here they are in front of the tree

Taking sugar cookies to a whole new level

Sporting the much wanted Seahawks jersey on Uncle Bryce
I love this picture of my mom and dad talking to my brother Brent who is in Spain.
We were all on speaker phone out in the other room and I walked in their bedroom and caught this shot. There is so much love in this picture.

....And what have you done?
This Christmas was really magical for me and in a way I have never before experienced.
It was really special and one I hope to never forget.

  • We set a very modest budget and stuck to it (this meant lots of sacrificing what we "wanted"
  • Jeff wrapped the boots he got for me in an unusual way so that I was shocked to open them
  • I made a bunch of homemade gifts for people
  • A shopping date just me and Braxton
  • made good use of one of the presents I got last year (the laminator)
  • I had time by myself to finish some Christmas projects without my little helpers
  • We bought something we really wanted and gave it to someone else
  • Family
  • Talking to my brother in Spain
  • Packages in the mail
  • We delivered cookies to friends/neighbors and sang them We Wish you a Merry Christmas
  • We received a gift card on our porch from a mysterious someone (if this was you, thank you. I was so touched by this act of kindness on my behalf and I thank you graciously)
  • I gave Jeff a brand new pair of Levis jeans his size that I found at Value Village for $14. They had never been worn, still had the tags on....look stinkin' HOT on him!
  • Santa was assisted by some very special people to make sure the kids got their wishes granted
  • Rocking Emmett
  • Adelle is potty trained
  • Having my brother join us in our Christmas Eve traditions
  • Listening to Braxton explain the real meaning of Christmas to Adelle
  • Special homemade gifts from a dear friend
  • My mom suggesting I join her at ZUMBA (exactly what I needed at the moment!!)
  • Watching Adelle hand a special homemade gift to one of her little friends in nursery at church
  • getting a special note from Braxton's teacher at church
  • kissing Santa
  • Being read to by my 5 year old
  • Family
  • Napping with my little girl
This is what Christmas was for me this year. Merry and bright.

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

great list. kids love love love their books saved us at church

Doneva said...

AMEN< wow you make my head spin you did more this Christmas than I have done in 30 years, you amaze me and I'm grateful to say you are my daughter and the loving mother of 3 of my precious grandchildren

Unknown said...

I love this so much. :) Thank you!!!

anna b. said...

okay so I have to know, what did you use your laminator for? I found one recently on Amazon that is pretty cheap, and I've been racking my brain on why or what I can use it for. I just have this strange urge to buy one!!




momnesia{at}gmail{dot}com