Monday, November 29, 2010

Old School



....I'm taken it back to the old school
Cause I'm an old fool
Who's so cool....

Today is Monday which means we are back on the routine for the week. Monday's are marvelous. Braxton's little friend picks him up for preschool (we carpool). Adelle, Emmett, and I do laundry and hang out in our pj's for a while. Adelle gets to play big sister/baby sitter while I take a shower (she loves this responsibility). I get the kids ready and the old library books collected to take back and we go to library story time just down the street from our house. It's a special morning for the little ones and I. Lots of books, little friends, special time without big brother....
This morning, after I got dressed I put on my shoes and then I laughed out loud.
These shoes were given to me 10 years ago right after I graduated high school from my dear friend as a hand-me-down! Ok, so hear me out here; She wore them for who knows how many years, then gave them to me 10 years ago! These babies are old! They were free for me! And they are my all time favorite, most worn shoes, ever! Thanks friend!
After having this realization of the shoes I proceeded to evaluate the rest of the outfit. It was definitely blog worthy.
The brown cords were a Christmas present from my mother-in-law 7 years ago. It was my first Christmas as part of the fam. She has really good taste in clothes and the clothes she buys me are always the right size....not sure how she does that? The tank under the sweater was a hot buy I found online clearance browsing back when I was pregnant with Braxton. I've always loved it because it's so long and I can wear it even with a big belly. The cable sweater is one my mom found for me at a garage sale a couple summers ago. It was in perfect condition and totally mine for free. Score!
So there you have it a whole entire outfit from the old school.
The funny thing is that most of my clothes are this old, this worn and still....well, I still wear them.

8 comments:

EAMartinson said...

I love that you are still wearing your clothes from 7 years ago, I wish I could still wear my old clothes....lets just say that having 3 kids hasn't been as nice to my body as your's has been to you! We sure love and miss you guys!

Sarahbelle said...

I love it Andrea! You still look so cute. My clothes from last year aren't as cute as yours from 7 years ago! I wear my basketball sweatpants still- only in the house b/c they are starting to show their 10years of age!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Ditto on the "you still look so cute"!

This post made me look down at my own outfit for the day: everything i'm wearing is a hand-me-down. In fact, 90% of my closet is old school hand-me-down... you really are a woman of my own kind! My Dr. Marten's are 14yrs old and Spenc recently polished them up to look new again. Love him, love them! But they're not cute mary jane's like yours.

Jeremy Saunders said...

what's funny is that I think you always look so dang cute and put together. You look great all the time, must be your cute figure!
mimi

April said...

I agree you always look super cute! It's awesome that you can still wear those clothes you skinny lady.

I LOVE those handmade stockings from Grandma, very very sweet! What a fun tradition.

Batten Rouge said...

I can't believe you still have those shoes!! I saw them and was like "MY SHOES!!" I LOVED those shoes SO much and Im glad they are still gettin loved. I seriously think I got them our freshmen year, maybe sophomore. Still, that was half our life ago. haha!

Anonymous said...

That outfit is cute! I still have tons of clothes you used to hand down to me! Isn't that crazy? I used to be so excited when I'd get to go through your old clothes!

Anonymous said...

You are adorable Anj! I had those same doc martins in black back in the day...sad to say they are no longer with me! I agree...old school, but still cool ;)