Thursday, November 19, 2009

These are a few of my Favorite Things...

A sharp dressed man.....and boy.
Beautiful, sweet, girl.

And.....

One of my favorite things is cooking nutritious meals for my family. I love being healthy and knowing that I'm feeding my children things that are helping them to develop physically and mentally. I love it! It's challenging at times but there are very few things that bring me such peace of mind as knowing that my children have strong, healthy, bodies.

My recent favorite thing is this curry dish I made...
Pumpkin Curry

2 tbs. butter ( side note: I love butter and I don't think there is anything wrong with it....it's way better for you than the alternative "butters.")
2 cloves garlic
1 chopped onion
1-2 tbs. curry powder...your own preference
3 cups chicken broth
1 can pumpkin (15oz)
1 can coconut milk

This was so easy. Chop the onions and garlic and simmer in melted butter on the stove. Add curry powder and salt and pepper as you like. Add chicken broth and pumpkin and bring to boil. Cook 15 minutes. Add coconut milk and cook 5 more minutes.

The great thing about this recipe is that you can eat it as a soup, just as is, or you can pour it over rice, bread....
I chose to pour it over fresh spinach. It was so amazing and I was so satisfied knowing it tasted so good and was such a nutritious, warm, yummy dinner.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah for cooking healthy and yeah for butter!

Sarahbelle said...

Sounds delish, I am for sure going to try it. Keep passing along your favorite recipes! It was so good to talk yesterday, you are wonderful and amazing!