Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving from the mouth of a 4 year old

Braxton learned this beautiful poem at Preschool. It's by Nellie Edge. He came home and shared it with me. It is so simple but so true.

Thank You
I say "thank you" to my Mom.
I say "thank you" to my Dad.
I say "thank you" to my friends.
Now we all feel glad.

I asked Braxton what he was thankful for last night after we taught him a little bit about Thanksgiving. He said, "I'm thankful for my mom." "Oh Braxton, that is so nice, why are you thankful for mom?" I asked him. He answered immediately, "what else would I be thankful for?"

I too am so thankful for my wonderful family and friends. Especially now I am so thankful to my wonderful, loving, kind, hardworking husband, who works so hard and sacrifices so much so that I can be home and take care of my beautiful children. That is my greatest blessing this year.
Thanks Babe for all you do without ever complaining.
I love you!

2 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

and we all wonder why I enjoy preschool so much! He has such a sweet heart!
mimi

Rach said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVED that pumpkin curry. a new favorite in this house. Thanks for sharing!!