Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas Eve

 Christmas Eve was crazy, busy, fun!
 In the morning we worked on finishing our candy cane bath salts.
 After lunch we went into Bellingham and took the kids to see Frozen with family. 
Then we came home to get ready for the evenings festivities. 
Jeff and I hosted our 2nd Annual Christmas Eve. It was awesome! I made homemade pizza and pumpkin pie. Jess helped me while Brent and Jeff ran last minute Santa errands. 
We had over Bryce, Brent and Jess, Lesha and her kids, and my mom and dad. It was a full house. Lots of love! 
And.. for the record there was even extra pizza! I was prepared and made extra for this crowd!!
 After dinner we enjoyed a fun game of Headbandz that we were gifted by our friends. It was so fun for the whole family. Emmett had us all laughing with his blatant, obvious clues! 

 Adelle also was a bit of a cheater at this game. She is funny that way. Very sweet and innocent and yet a little sly.
 Gage was the life of the party!

 Cheese! 




 The pumpkin pie was a hit. I had to finish off the second pie after everyone left because Gage ate my piece. 
 That night the kids opened their jammies. I try and coordinate the Christmas Eve jammies. This year it was by color, I guess. It's a bit of a stretch but I got 3 of them 2nd hand which was awesome because they were brand new so I couldn't pass them up. 
 This picture just cracks me up. What is Braxton doing and where did he learn it? How did he get so grown up all of a sudden?
 Once in pj's we read the story of the Birth of Christ in Luke and then we acted it out with the Nativity. This is one of my favorite traditions. I was touched when Jeff grabbed my phone and started taking pictures of me reading the scriptures with the kids all around me, looking on. He never grabs the camera and takes pictures like that. Well, as you notice there are no such pictures posted. Come to find out he was taking pictures of my cleavage. Mrs. Claus still has it goin' on I guess. lol!
 After the scriptures Jeff always reads the kids Twas the Night Before Christmas. It's only read one night a year in our home and the kids always look forward to it. It's such a magical story.
 This is the box of gifts all finished and ready for the kids to hand out on Christmas. Peppermint Bath Salts and Homemade Vanilla Extract and Elderberry Syrup.
And last but not least the glorious tree, after Santa came of course.

A pink guitar, per Adelle's only request.
A Harry Potter Lego game. Mrs. Claus picked out for Brax and was a hit.
A Plane ride on push thingie for Gagey
A Lightning McQueen suitcase filled with Lightning McQueen character cars for Emmett.

No comments: