Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Utah

After Christmas we flew to Utah to be with the Jeff's whole side of the family. It was wonderfully simple and simply wonderful.
All of Jeff's siblings were able to be there with their spouses and families and that hasn't happened for a while. Jeff's mom was super accommodating of everyone. We all had our own room and space in the bathroom. There was lots of time spent eating good food and playing games or watching movies together.

The best quote ever is when we were getting ready to go to the airport and Emmett asked his dad, "So, dad, who is going to drive the plane? You or Mom?"
So classic M, right there.

 The trip was broken up into mini rides in different vehicles. Keeping everything fun and fresh. We started in the truck and drove to Seattle. Once is Seattle we parked the truck at a park and ride and got on a shuttle. Here are the kids on the shuttle. These kids just love stuff like shuttles with no seat belts.
After we made it safe and soundly through security we waited at our gate to board. We were all preoccupied with sandwiches and apple sauces that we didn't notice Ryan walking up to us. We were pretty excited when we did see him! Ryan had been serving in the military in South Korea. He surprised us by being on the same flight to Utah. The kids were so happy!


And can I just say that the kids were rock star travelers! We flew because we knew we were going so we saved and bought our tickets early with our points we have been earning with our air mile card. We didn't want to risk the passes driving there and we wanted to make the most of our time there. We usually drive and that has it's pros and cons but the plane was super fun and the kids loved it. Even Gage did great, no hurting ears, no motion sickness... just pure fun and excitement!


The flight was a mere hour and it was awesome. I sat on one side of the aisle with Adelle and Emmett and Braxton was on the other side with Jeff and Ryan. Gage was back and forth between Jeff and I. He had ants in his pants most of the flight.
When we got into Salt Lake the whole gang was there to meet us. We divided up and hopped into cars to go to dinner. Adelle and I rode with Gabriel in her mini van with her 4 littles.


Adelle of course noticed the sunset and asked for my phone to take a picture out the car window.


The week was spent just hanging out and being together. Adelle loved baby Gracie.

 Gage was really into Gracie too, more curious I think.


Lot's of cousin time. Painting, playing; makeup, school, football, in the snow....


I love this picture of Emmett. Just so happy. Taitum was sitting right by him until I grabbed my phone to take a picture. 


There was lots of football watching and game playing.


One on particular day Jeff and I took our kids and ventured out for a bit. We went to Provo and showed the kids our old stomping grounds. We took them into Ruby River, the steakhouse where I worked, and had lunch. Going there is really nostalgic for me. I love the memories it brings back. Crazy how long ago that was! I had fun telling the kids about the things that I did at my job. When I told them how much pop I drank Adelle was like, "okay, I want to work in a restaurant when I grow up!" It was pretty funny. 

After lunch we took the kids to a park and played. It was so beautiful there. Blue skies and sunny but still cold. Nice, dry, cold.

 We drove them past the Provo Temple.


On another day we drove up a mountain pass with Andrew and Rachel to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Ashmore. It was nice to visit with them and for the kids to meet them, or see them again, depending on the kid ;)

I didn't take many pictures unfortunately but I did have Rachel get one of the 6 of us with Grandma and Grandpa. 


More just hanging out.


Braxton being silly and sitting in Gage's booster seat.


 After a whole week it was time to come home. Here are the kids at the Salt Lake Airport while Jeff and I were checking in our luggage. They are so cute.

 Here is Gagey on my lap dipping his cracker into hummus on the plane. Such a preppy little flyer. He does love his hummus, that's for sure!

I see many more flights in our future ;) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun, glad you got to spend time in Utah with family! And so glad your kids fly well- that is great! And only 1 hour from Seattle to Salt Lake is awesome, I didn't realize it was that short of flight!

Baylee said...

Adelle is such a ham!! I love how she's on everyones laps in these pictures. So cute. Sounds like a nice time!! I hate flying. IT scares me! Love you guys!!