Monday, December 23, 2013

more JOY

 Life continues to be Merry around these parts. Jeff is loving his new cast iron skillet I got him for his birthday. He made the kids snowman pancakes the other morning for breakfast. 
 Points for him. The kids are always asking him to make pancake shapes and he's never been able to do it because as he would say, "this &*(&)(&()*(@#$ pan is just a joke). No more sticking to the pan :0
 It was white on Friday which meant that Christmas break started one day early. Sweet! This is what I saw out my bedroom window. So fun!
The kids were out playing before breakfast with their dad. He's so good!
 Auntie Tina gifted the kids early Christmas. Emmett was more then excited with his lego cars. Seriously, what 3 year old can build their own lego cars? He did the green one all on his own after Jeff and Brax helped him with the red one. He was so proud he said, "mom, take a picture to send to Aunt Tina." So cute.
 Braxton has found himself a seat at the adult table playing games. My dad taught him how to play golf the other night and since then he is unstoppable. He and Jeff have the same stratagem. So far they haven't taken the win but they have a system.
 Auntie Jess and Uncle Brent are here now. We have had lots of fun with them already and more to come. 
 Here is the snowman Brax and my dad built at the bay. The kids hung out there with my parents on Friday while Jeff and I went down to Seattle to pick up Brent and Jess from the airport at midnight. It was a fair trade. Jeff and I finished up some last minute shopping and had a yummy dinner date at PF Changs before heading to the airport. 
The kids had a blast at my parents; playing in the snow, hot cocoa, nuts and bolts, movies, card games...
 Here are my cute sister-in-laws working on their knitting projects. 
 Today the kids and I were busy getting more craft and baking on. Here we are working on felt projects. 
 I am trying to cut out the Nativity for tomorrow nights scripture reading. I thought it would be cool to make it a felt story. We were a little distracted today though so I still have more to go. 
 Braxton and one of the wise men he created. 
 After felt, a long walk/bike ride, and lunch we started in on pie baking.
Adelle is a natural in the kitchen. I love it. She totally did her own pie crust and then showed the boys the steps to get it into the pie plate and crimp the edges. 
 Here they are working together, following her instructions. FYI using coconut oil instead of shortening makes a delicious, flaky pie crust. 
 The kids are all making each other a present this year. Like, they are all getting one that the other three made. This is Emmett's Green Ninja Puzzle. He's going to LOVE IT! The kids are doing such a good job working hard on each others gifts. That's Christmas to me!
 Here is Gage before bed tonight mid fit because he wants that pumpkin pie so bad! He kept walking over and hanging on the cutting board trying so hard to reach and when I said, "no, no, Gager he would turn around and throw himself on the floor and throw a fit. It was really funny. Tomorrow he will get pie with the rest of us but darn it, not tonight!



We have done a couple nights of caroling. The kids are loving it. I must say going to friends/family and singing Christmas Carols is one of my most favorite traditions. We sing songs the whole drive and before each house we take turns deciding which one we will sing at their door. The kids love doing this. Braxton the other night asked me why no one comes to our house and sings. It was so sweet. Lots of families this year told us that we are the only people they know who still Christmas carol. Yes! I hope my kids always love to do this!
Here they are tonight after we got home. Just being silly with their new rendition of "What does a Fox say."

And as a side note; what is this whole What does a Fox say thing about? I totally don't get it at all. The kids watched this at school and then our friends told us about it? What? Is this educational? Silly? I don't get it. 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

The "What Does a Fox Say" was a joke song from a comedy group in Norway. If I'm remembering correctly, they made it as a joke over there, but it was such a big hit that they made it bigger and it just spread like wild fire.

Baylee said...

My Dad loves that "What Does a Fox Say" song. Dork.

We had some neighbor kids come and carol at our house the other day! Our dog ruined it by barking the whole time. :/

I LOL'd at Gage throwing a fit and you thinking it was funny!

I love that picture of Emmett! That's so cool he did that on his own. What a smart guy.